[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Business idea: Social platform for street artists and customers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: new1508-clandestinos.jpg (146 KB, 470x362) Image search: [Google]
new1508-clandestinos.jpg
146 KB, 470x362
Hi /biz/,

I've been playing with an idea in my head and I would like to hear your thoughts about it.

Would there be a need for a social media platform aimed at street artists and customers looking to hire their services?

Street art (Not using the word graffiti on purpose) is everywhere, and some artists are pretty famous and don't need more promotion, but there's thousands of anonymous artists that are pretty skilled aswell. In addition, they are pretty much in every city worldwide it looks like (if you pay attention to it).

These artists use various social media sites to promote different things about their work (Instagram/Flickr for photos, Tumblr for blogs, Facebook/Twitter for updates and communication, Craiglist for Ads) and more importantly there does not seem to be an easy way to find artists in your area if you're interested in a piece. And vice versa, how do you find potential customers as an artist?

Take a minute to do a quick search on Google, searching for "site:reddit.com looking for graffiti artist". You will see many results: and that's "just" on Reddit. In most of these threads however, nobody can point the potential customer to any "real" platform to continue his/her search. It's basically just "I know a guy.." leads.

My idea:
- Building a social platform combining elements from various social networks and bringing together supply (artists) and demand (customers) making it easier for both of them to find each other
- Give artists a complete webspace that they can customize
- Users register giving only the most basic of information, thus artists can remain relatively anonymous
- During registration a choice will be made between being an artist or customer. Each gets their own type of profile
>>
File: Nature-graffiti-belgique.jpg (317 KB, 1591x686) Image search: [Google]
Nature-graffiti-belgique.jpg
317 KB, 1591x686
2/2

- Artist profile contains:
- User information (profilephoto, username, location, years of experience etc.)
- General information
- Twitter feed
- Portfolio (normal, and with Instagram integration)
- Styles
- Ads
- Videos
- Blog
- Contacts (comparable to Facebook's friends function, if a user hides the info on their profile, only contacts will be able to see it)
- Groups/Crews

- Customer profile contains ads and general information (Location, Private/Business etc.) only

- Artists can create groups (or crews) that have, in addition to most of the pages the artist profile has, access to
- a private newspage
- a private forum
- a memberpage

- Artists/Groups/Customers can review each other
- Artists/Groups/Customers can message each other
- Artists/Groups/Customers can place ads and respond to ads
- A search function allows all users to find each others profiles based for instance on the location the user enters in their profile, ads and more, as long as the profile of the artist or group has not been hidden.
>>
>>1305699
Did you take that photo because I live about 200m away from that.

>>1305697
I like the idea. It makes sense, hopefully your users are smart enough to use a throwaway email and not their real names/phone numbers.

I don't think it will become big, but, I can definetely see the appeal to have something like this for 'legal' street art

Do the coding yourself/ask a trusted friend to help you out
>>
>>1305724
No I didn't take the photo.

The reason I would not use the word "Graffiti" on the website is because of the negative weight it carries. The photos I posted are legal and commissioned. But I agree, it's always to risky since graffiti IS illegal.

>I don't think it will become big
It makes sense it will never be big like Facebook and Instagram because the audience is much more specific. If I were to start working on this it would be unrealistic to expect something that big

Thanks for your feedback man
>>
Hit me with your critiques bro's
>>
Interesting idea m8. For some reason I imagined this being promoted by having a market stall where you had a featured artist each week and sold their stuff for a cut.
>>
I LIKE IT!

- Thor
>>
>>1305697
Great idea OP especially if you're in an art district kind of place. There are a lot of companies that'd pay for work like this. You're going to need some heavy irl guerrilla marketing to get it to explode though. I'm sure if you already have contacts in that scene so it shouldn't be a problem.
Good luck man
>>
File: 1082081950.jpg (406 KB, 721x982) Image search: [Google]
1082081950.jpg
406 KB, 721x982
>>1307486
And not just companies, cities are commissioning it more and more often too.

Pic related. Saved it a while back
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.