[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Another investing guidance post
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 41M84joibwL._UY700_.jpg (31 KB, 430x700) Image search: [Google]
41M84joibwL._UY700_.jpg
31 KB, 430x700
I have $33,000 that does nothing but sit around in a bank account. Interest rates suck all around, so I'm not satisfied with a savings account or CDs.

So /biz/, what should I do and how should I do it? Any and all advice is appreciated. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>1303911
Gamble on the Brexit
>>
Look into Valero (VLO) stock. It is a conservative old school oil refining company that has a strong balance sheet and pays %4.5 dividend.
>>
>>1303911
buy DAO
>>
>>1303925
>>1303928
>>1304105
Yes gamble in fx, pick individual stocks and buy cryto's. You should go from money market investing straight to the riskiest shit possible
>>
OP, I am in similar position so I would also like to draw upon the collective wisdom of this mongolian basketweaving forum. Currently have about 30 grand cash and turn 30 next week. No gf or debt. What do biz?
>>
If you need advice on investing your money, just stay out of the market. Put it into a CD or something or you're going to lose it to someone a whole lot smarter.
>>
>>1303911
Just incase this is a real question.

Open a trading account, with your bank is likely easiest and most convenient, put your money in ETF's that track an index.
>>
>>1303911
Have you heard of something called "ethereum"?
>>
>>1304294
This guy is being sarcastic, but if you're <30 with no debt, why the fuck not
>>
File: 200_s.gif (36 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
36 KB, 267x200
>>1304434

This. Buy into Vanguard ETFS - probably best is the Vanguard ETF tracking the S&P 500 and make it reinvest dividends.

It isn't flashy, but it will make money for you over the long run.
>>
>>1305877

It won't when the bubble bursts.

>>1303911

All into BTC, put a quarter of it into eth, sell off eth when it rises after the halving. Put your remains into polo lending, you can get above 5% a year, plus all the gains from BTC rising.
>>
File: 1457723857089.jpg (28 KB, 470x480) Image search: [Google]
1457723857089.jpg
28 KB, 470x480
>>1303911
Learn all the tools you need to invest. Tasty Trade is pretty good all around for Equities, Options, Futures.
and cash.
Once you're familiar with everything figure out top tier strategies.

Frankly though, best bet if American is to get a business broker. In America, you can get approximately 4% loans at 10% to buy an existing business up to $25M.
You can borrow for the down payment too. a shitty 5% margin business pays you 1375 a month @ 330k starting.
most businesses are priced between 8-12% capitalization rate. so minus debt service you're at 4-8% cashflow before any value added plays.

Remember you're gonna want to stack for as long as possible to take advantage of that 10x buyout leverage.
>>
>>1305992
>Frankly though, best bet if American is to get a business broker. In America, you can get approximately 4% loans at 10% to buy an existing business up to $25M.
Where can I learn more about this? This could be way better than the stock market, but I would be afraid of buying a lemon and promptly going bankrupt.
>>
>>1305992
What businesses are you invested in, Anonsan?
Do you run them or minority investor?
Or are you a broker yourself shilling?
>how do I even search private investment op's
>not getting cucked by franchise fees or broker Judaism
>no offense
>>
>>1304403
Pretty much the same here. I am 31, have around 40K USD in cash and no denbt. Looking for advice. Last year I bought a flat in Valencia, Spain for around 40K with my brother. Spanish economy is recovering and those sweet prices may go back to normal soon. Also it's a place I would go to on vacation anyway and there are some nice opportunities for renting to Erasmus students. Here's for my advice on something that seemed to work fine for me last year. Now what to do with the cash I currently have? I don't like stocks, bonds and cryptomoney. Been looking into prosper.com
>>
File: 1465867047188.jpg (455 KB, 4272x3204) Image search: [Google]
1465867047188.jpg
455 KB, 4272x3204
>>1303911
T R U M P

You invest that much, and you'll be a fucking multimillionaires come August.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.