[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What car should i buy biz?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: three-wheel-cheap-car.jpg (38 KB, 600x386) Image search: [Google]
three-wheel-cheap-car.jpg
38 KB, 600x386
I've been looking for a car for quite a while now and can't find anything that would fit my needs.

What i'm looking for in a car:
>very very cheap (i dont care if its old)
>reliable
>decent consumption
>it wouldn't hurt if it was good looking too(not necessary though)

I would spend a maximum of 2000 $.

Post your ideas and help me get something.
>>
OP, I recently purchased a used car but in a different country than the US, I'll tell you about my experience in the hopes it will help you. First of all my choices are limited since well I'm not in the US. I also have some other interesting choices such as the Chinese brand BYD which pretty much copies American cars and rebrands them. Anyway, I opted for a 2004 Kia Rio because it was the only car I found in my price range with acceptable mileage. If you are going for a used car buy one with less than 200,000 miles for sure. My car had around 108,000 km which is around 67,108 miles, pretty low for an older car (they might have lied). I spent about $3,500 USD buying this car (you can do much better, cars are generally more expensive here due to import taxes and such). I bought from individuals and I didn't know after I bought it that the door was broken (wouldn't close shut every time, and sometimes the driver is locked in), the horn wasn't working, and a cable burned shortly after purchase. Now I'm thankful services are cheap in this country because I know mechanics in the US would charge like 1-2k for all these repairs but here the cable only costed around $30 for a mechanic to get it fixed for example. That being said, if you buy a used car never trust how it drives on the day you test it, take it to a mechanic and check it out before you buy. Mr Money Moustache has a nice blog post or two about used cars.
http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2012/03/19/top-10-cars-for-smart-people/
http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2011/04/19/how-to-come-out-way-ahead-when-buying-a-used-car/
http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2011/11/28/new-cars-and-auto-financing-stupid-or-sensible/
>>
>>1303276
thanks man, btw i'm not from the US either. so this really helped me
>>
>go on craigslist
>search "grandma" in auto section
>"Grandma had this car and took good care of it blah blah.."
>buy well taken care of, great shape of a car, for cheap
>>
>>1303291
>old people
>taking care of their cars
>>
>>1303233
80's-90's Honda / Toyota
>>
Search for cars on craigslist by neighborhoods. Nicer neighborhoods will take care of their assets. buy from homeowners not renters. They will be more honest. A car's depreciation rate is a representation of the owner.
>>
>>1303383
Why?
>>
A bike
>>
>>1303291
They never drive and keep their car in a garage. When they do drive, they drive slow and careful as fuck.

When you go to buy, ask for maintenance history.

Old grandmas are fucking good to their cars.
>>
>>1303291
Kek, this is great
>>
>>1303705
realiable and cheap.
>>1303233
get a camry
>>
>>1303383
This was going to be my suggestion as well. Great at lasting a really long time with reasonable maintenance expenses, and generally not prone to massive problems. Look into reviews, maintenance costs, etc. Honda / Toyota make good cars.
>>
How's the Toyota Tercel? Even though its cheap, is it reliable? Or does it break down alot, even though the parts are cheap to fix.
>>
>>1303276
Which country?
>>
>>>/o/
>>
Anything with a v8 really
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.