[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good Degrees in Tier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1465358560962.jpg (98 KB, 608x395) Image search: [Google]
1465358560962.jpg
98 KB, 608x395
/biz/, What are the great degrees that won't get you replaced by automation, especially if you like math? Also would like to see those degrees in tier images if you have em.
>>
>>1302514
Electrical Engineering
Computer Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Mathematics (not good by itself), pair with Finance or Economics or CS
Computer Science (only at top schools because pajeets can't replace you then)
Finance & Accounting double major
Actuarial Science
Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
Bioengineering (need to go past undergrad though)
>>
>>1302514
Statistics in addition to >>1302522. Also Computer Science can be done at not top schools, but you would need to work harder and make for damn sure you get hands on work and internships, not just poorly-done coding assignments.
>>
>>1302522
>>1302545
Thanks for the help, friendos. Trying to help a friend choose a degree
>>
>>1302514
Any engineering degree, even if you don't want to be one. My engineering mates are more successful in finding financial services jobs than my commerce mates
>>
>>1302514
I am in Mathematics undergrad.

Should I do my master's degree in Financial Mathematics or Applied Mathematics?
>>
>>1302522
This is the best list.

If you do finance or econ, make sure you double degree it with something quantitative or you double major it with accounting.
>>
Universities are extremely overpriced. Only degrees that are worth it are degrees required for that profession, such as medicine, pharmacy, accounting/finance if you want to be a CPA/CFA, etc.

I always tell people to take up a trade. You will spend $5K-6K max at a tech school or other private school learning to trade to start making $40K a year. There are also more successful small businesses in the trade industry than any other sector that college graduates tend to start. Also going to college paying ~$80K for a starting salary that isn't even close to that in most degrees. Sounds like you're getting cucked
>>
File: 1444977753248.jpg (95 KB, 987x700) Image search: [Google]
1444977753248.jpg
95 KB, 987x700
>Ctrl+F Biology
>no hits
I fucked up didn't I?

At least I did a fuckton of statistics to potentially justify my existence.
>>
>>1304201
>Biology
So, you want to become a cook or something?
>>
>>1304201
Masters in Biological sciences turned pipefitter here

you sure did kiddo, you sure did
>>
>>1302876
Depends. I would rather do stats over applied math. Financial math's will be a good bet if you want to work in financial services, but don't expect to start out as a quant.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.