[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How far do you live from your workplace? How long does it take
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1460569003005.jpg (165 KB, 761x800) Image search: [Google]
1460569003005.jpg
165 KB, 761x800
How far do you live from your workplace?
How long does it take for you to get to work?
What type of transport do you use?

Starting a new job in a month on the other side of the country, looking for new rooms and found something half an hour with public transport.
>>
>>1302134
30 min to 2 hours by car, depending on traffic
>>
>>1302134
I walk 10 minutes to work.
>>
>>1302134
1 km, like 3 min by bike. Amsterdam.

Ideally it would be a little more, so i have time to transition a bit better between work-mode and chillathome-mode.
>>
>>1302134

30 seconds, i live across the street.

Got a good offer on the lease and it's a great location but it is a little too close to work if i've had a bad day. Seems to make it easier to take problems home with me.
>>
>>1302134
10 minutes by pickup truck unless I get stuck behind an Amish buggy. About 2 miles.
>>
>>1302134
Im at uni but lets call it my workplace.

>How far do you live from your workplace?
1.9 km ~1.2 miles
>How long does it take for you to get to work?
7-10 min on bike and 10-15 min with car
>What type of transport do you use?
bike ofc
>>
10 mins drive

longer commutes are not worth it due to opportunity cost
>>
>>1302134
25min with my bike
40min public transportation
>>
>>1302134
>35 feet
>10 seconds?
>2 feet
>>
10 minutes by car. Live about 4 miles away. Honestly if the job is great it shouldn't matter as long as the drive to/from work is less than 45 minutes, unless it's a super good deal the money you waste in gas getting to the place may not be worth it. Also how much do you value your time at? Public Transport is pretty chill you can read and listen to music without having to worry about traffic, etc and it can be pretty cheap too.
>>
no idea,
about 45 minutes by subway.
>>
>>1302134
5-10 minutes to drive and park my car.
50 minute train ride to the city.
5 minute walk to my office building

So about an hour.
>>
20 min.

Would look for somewhere else to work if it took 40min+
>>
>>1302275
This.

>be me
>asleep
>in my bed
>comfy mode activated
>wake up
>try to get up
>too comfy
>roll outta bed eventually
>still wrapped up like a burrito
>mosey on over to my desk
>it takes like five steps
>turn on computer
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.