[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have experience working from home? I don't want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: re.jpg (74 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
re.jpg
74 KB, 630x420
Anyone have experience working from home?

I don't want to leave the house and have to deal with people in real life or work too hard.

What are the ideal jobs for this? And how did you obtain them?
>>
crypto trading
>>
>>1300587
I run some shitty web app that just about makes me a living.

>I don't want to ... have to deal with people in real life
I always say to people who give that reason - is it due to social anxiety? Better make sure you are genuinely content with zero contact with others or have an active social life beyond work. For me, having so little reason to leave the house has made my social anxiety far worse and pretty depressed.

First year or so was great. Then it went downhill as I become more isolated, depressed, lost my desire to work.
>>
>>1300594
I could care less. The only people I care about in life are my family and my wife whom I'm not anxious around.

Details on the web app you run? Did it require training?
>>
>>1300595
>The only people I care about in life are my family and my wife whom I'm not anxious around.
Well that's nice for you.

Just some kind of thing like one of those throwaway image host websites. Not gonna be more specific, but I was probably the first in a particular niche. I'm a good programmer (so I built it myself) and know how to set up linux servers etc.

Hardest part is finding a genuinely unique idea
>>
>>1300587
I find trading in financial markets to be ideal, but I have passive income and no 9 to 5, so a bit biased.
As far as work too hard goes, as long as you're not dependent on making a set amount from it, you can go at as slow a pace as you want. Really the only people you would deal with are banks and brokerages (which can be a pain), but it's only occasional.
Important to note, I'm able to do this b/c of my financial situation, not the other way around.
>>
>be bipolar
>can't hold regular job cause random mood swings leave me incapacitated for days
>only job options are where I can make my own work schedule

This thread interests me greatly. Please proceed.
>>
My father works mostly from home as a regional technical sales representative.

But he does have to make occasional appointments with customers so he will be out of the house 1-2 days a week for a few hours.

Otherwise its just attempting to scout out potential customers and set up appointments with them
>>
>>1300929
Same, but I hate my current job as a pharm tech.
>>
>>1300587

In order from least skill required to most skill required:

Data Entry
Virtual Assistant
Content Writing/Editing
Translator
Graphic Design
Web Design
Day Trading
Crypto Trading
Coding
>>
>>1304763

I've been thinking about trying out being a virtual assistant for a while. Anyone have any thoughts pros/cons?
>>
I worked from home for a little over two years, doing L-2/L-3 support, which basically means I was a glorified support person. I just knew more things about how the app worked, the platform, user data, all that crap. I didn't really need to be in the office to do my job which affected my motivation terribly. I could check my email and answer tickets for an hour and sit there doing nothing for the next 7 hours. I would play Xbox and talk shit on here mostly. I was actually glad when I changed jobs, I could interact and build something with my coworkers, that made it worth it, but you'll see
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.