[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
financial genius or fraud?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: financial genius or fraud.jpg (112 KB, 750x1164) Image search: [Google]
financial genius or fraud.jpg
112 KB, 750x1164
>>
>>1299827
definitely not a genius
he is a crook plain and simple
and his book was shit waste of paper and ink
>>
You don't even need to read the book. I'll give you the good stuff right now:

>assets put money in your pocket
>liabilities take money out of your pocket
>buy assets
>avoid liabilities

That's the profound wisdom found in the book and it's not fraudulent or misleading or even a novel idea. It's very sound advice but the book does little to really explain how one should acquire assets, what kind, how they work exactly...

So to learn that stuff, you'll need to read more books.

>tl;dr it's a good beginner's book
>>
>>1299851
doesnt it also discuss cash flow?
>>
>>1299872
Yeah. I mean it's a good read. It's interesting.

If you think this book's going to make you rich, then you'll probably be disappointed. I don't think that was the author's intention, to, you know, sell us a "get rich quick scheme."

I think the author's intention was to: a.) make money (can you blame him? he's following his own advice by not only acquiring but creating his own intellectual property in order to generate income) and b.) provide readers with a very basic understanding of how one acquires wealth.

I think the book does those things well. It's surely made him a lot of money, and it provides readers with a good idea on how money works. Can't imagine how anyone could call this guy a fraud unless they expected the book to turn them into a millionaire and were disappointed when it didn't.
>>
Greatest book is cash flow quadrant!
>>
>>1299851
Yep, this is one of the few things that Kiyosaki actually got right.

People consider their house an asset... but according to Kiyosaki, if your house isn't generating you income, it's actually a liability. Because you're living in it, you only make money after you sell it, which is right before you move into another house.

To the bank, though, it's an asset, since they're making money off it like crazy.
>>
>>1299827
it's a great start to learning about how things work

for someone who knows nothing, or thinks they know anything but has never sat in an econ/accounting/finance class this book will seem like

>>1299850
>shit waste of paper and ink
^that guy's a child

>>1299851
>>tl;dr it's a good beginner's book
very this

>>1299881
>I don't think that was the author's intention, to, you know, sell us a "get rich quick scheme."
much this

>>1301733
>To the bank, though, it's an asset, since they're making money off it like crazy.
he uses godlike satire to get this point across in his live presentations
>>
Read the book, think about what it says and take on board anything that actually has value. Once you've done that, move on to something more advanced.
>>
>>1302190
>^that guy's a child
you probably never in your life read a good book
opinion discarded
>>
>>1302271
that's not an actual line of reasoning, but ok champ
>>
cult-like bullshit with zero practical advice
>>
>>1302369
bitter people like this guy don't get his message

If it is such bs he's spewing? Why aren't you getting the basic concepts he's trying to get across

Working as a wageslave? Good job staying in the ratrace

People expect step by step advice on how to get rich, these methods are available, but you need a very long timeline and not be afraid of boredom, Warren Buffet would provide good advice for these people

Kiyosaki is more practical and guides you more in a direction instead of telling you what to do

He is mostly a teacher, teaching you about basic concepts you probably still don't get
>>
The guy himself is worth over 50 Million. Maybe listen to what he has to say. People will confuse his message, but he taught me a lot of very simple yet profound lessons. Its not a get rich quick scheme. Its a book covering some basic ideas about how to change your view's on basic concepts if you want to belong to the 1%
>>
>>1302639
I wouldn't say 1%, just financially competent/indepedent
>>
>>1299827
I don't like them on a personal level. I used to do IT for an event center where they would host their "class". Complete and total fuck dicks.
>>
>>1302639
>Its not a get rich quick scheme.
a no it's a shitty info product that cost you money (if you are retarded to buy it) and all it does is advertise an other info product (his fucking game).

thank god i didn't pay for the book. i did learn a thing or two from reading it. but many it was boring as hell and slimey and i felt the writer was taking me for a fool that goes to pogo at mlm concerts and buys shitty self help books and is a general idiot.
>>
File: foxnhound mel lee.png (486 KB, 583x486) Image search: [Google]
foxnhound mel lee.png
486 KB, 583x486
>>1299827
>marketing genius
>plebe tier / middle class tier advice
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.