[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>political junkie >betting on american primary elections
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: jeb4.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
jeb4.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
>political junkie
>betting on american primary elections
>made an 8666% increase on investment from February to now
>didnt lose a single bet, all bets were made using my best scientifially backed predictions
>the elections are over

what now? Im a uni student so don't have enough money to make trading worthwhile at the moment.
>>
How do you bet on the election?
>>
Where could you bet on primaries?
>>
>>1296565
Im australian so i use sportsbet, but if your american, use predictit. Predictit is basically trading shares that are redeemed for a dollar or nothing depending on the outcome. So you can make money solely on the swings even if you sell before the election occurs.

Sadly i cant use predictit cos im strayan :(
>>
>>1296570

Curious about predictit - take the Hillary and Trump nominee bets, what happens when they become the nominee? Does it go up to 100 cents? Why wouldn't people just buy a bunch of those for free money?
>>
>>1296597
The prices are determined by the demand, so if its not 100 cents, it means people are still buying NO shares.

For the democrats, its because they think there's a chance she could get indicted or something, especially if there only paying 5 cents for a huge payout if that occurs.

For the republicans, people are betting on GOP shenanigans at the convention ousting trump.

Remember, the conventions are a month away, they aren't the official nominee.

Yes, its free money if it happens, but your paying 95 cents for a dollar return in a months time, assuming no dirty tricks happen. Some of the price simply reflects how far away the payout is.

Also, theres a lot of stupid people trading.
>>
>>1296597
>what happens when they become the nominee?
Oh, on the convention day, when they become the official nominee, the YES shares for trump and hillary will pay out a dollar to anyone holding them. And the NO shares for bernie and cruz etc will pay out a dollar to anyone holding them. And the market closes.
>>
>>1296561
how much money did you make?

10k?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.