[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
alright. the fuck is going on. 4 point drop in trading overnight.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: gap down.png (254 KB, 1912x906) Image search: [Google]
gap down.png
254 KB, 1912x906
alright. the fuck is going on. 4 point drop in trading overnight. then another 10 point drop on evening open. i was considering longing some etfs tomorrow but maybe i'll short them instead.

so far as i can see, no big news events drop these drops. maybe overnight a shit ton of bids got pulled. but the evening open was straight fucking down. ignore times, they are PST, so +3 hrs EST.

has the big money started to take short positions against the SPX? are we about to see a war between the longs and shorts?
>>
>>1296233
you want to have these things in a watchlist
spy (or some variant of the s and p)
the dollar
gold
oil

you'll usually be able to find out where the money is going by looking at these four things.
>>
>>1296240
es
usd/cad
gc
cl

guess what i trade every week lol. big moves like these are normally news driven. can't find a single thing. maybe the smart money just wants to reduce their exposure to volatility ahead of the fed meeting.
>>
>>1296252
the money would be going somewhere
>news driven
>caring about the news at all
>>
>>1296256
take a look at the es chart when the jobs report came out. if you don't take news events into account, your long would have been wrecked. a loss of $1100 over the course of 2 hours off 1 contract. maybe you took 3 or 4 contracts and edged up on your margin reqs. enjoy your broker liquidating the position to cover.
>>
>>1296263
>long

Trick question. The core of my strategy is taking non-directional trades.
>>
>>1296327
im also having trouble with something
did you take the pic for your op?
cause i can't seem to find out where /es was at 2115 at all
maybe you're looking at a different month or something? i know tos has changed their stuff up and I can't see the different futures months like i used to be able to
>>
>>1296342
yes. already said my chart times are PST. pics are current month ES.
>>
>>1296346
i can only see septembers
but if you look at the times and compare with the dollar index
you'd find the dollar has a gap up so obviously people were getting out of us equities and seemingly sticking with the dollar
for whatever reason it doesn't actually matter
also crude gapped down last night
>>
>>1296348
deffo septo esso.

i'm aware gc and cl took a hit overnight. they didn't reflect the es's move this evening however. i keep tabs on forex but not too much. it's not worth it to trade on my account size. actually execute my trades through IB and got approval for forex recently. but doubtful i'll make more than 12 forex trades a year.
>>
File: def sept.png (171 KB, 1931x1078) Image search: [Google]
def sept.png
171 KB, 1931x1078
>>1296377
forgot fucking pic.
>>
>>1296384
weird cause the high for /es was 2110.05

but do you trade options? cause those are far better than taking on directional bucketshop trades with currency pairs
>>
>>1296394
no idea what chart is showing up for you.

still learning breh. just bought "options as a strategic investment" off ebay. got a lot to learn.

i'm happy with my system. if i announce what the expected return for risk capital is, a bunch of EMH/RW guys will surely shit post this thread. first i make this work, and drill the discipline into myself. then i'll learn coding and make an algo out of it. because fuck waking up at 5am like i am now.

i don't currently trade any currency pairs. need way more capital to make it work.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.