[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth it to open an online store where you can buy for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Is it worth it to open an online store where you can buy for example Japanese imported Whiskey. I'm located in Germany and there is already one but I wonder in general if that is a good idea. Would this be a full-time job or can it be done while I'm studying?
>>
File: Nikka-Taketsuru-12-years-old.jpg (202 KB, 1043x3225) Image search: [Google]
Nikka-Taketsuru-12-years-old.jpg
202 KB, 1043x3225
>>1293985
Is it hard to get Japanese whisky in Germany? Its not too hard to find here in the US.
>>
Getting off the ground would be a full-time gig. Then it depends how much you automate the process.
>>
My rule-of-thumb these days is "never invest in anything food or beverage related". The only time I've ever been burned is with businesses like these. Even what looks like a slam-dunk has gone bad.
>>
>>1294523
How so?
>>
>>1294540
It went wrong in various ways, but the examples won't relate to this specific idea. But, after trying a few things, I just don't do food or beverage anymore.

A friend of mine even lost several hundred thousand dollars in a couple of bad restaurant investments.

One thing I'd say specifically: do extensive research on how spirits can (and can't) be shipped legally.
>>
>>1294540

Not him but I also veered away from food/beverage even though I was very, very interested in the subject. I made some pretty decent connects (nothing world class but top dogs in my mid-tier city) and learned the wisdom from them as well.

They were encouraging, but other industries seem better for me. Food/beverage, at least in Canada and I assume in other developed countries, is just covered in bureaucratic approval processes and liabilities. Alcohol is even moreso and it's taxed like fuck.
>>
>>1294554
Isn't investing in a restaurant one of those do's and don't of business? Like buying a boat is a don't, investing in a restaurant is a don't, etc.
>>
>>1293985

not sure how it is in germany, but here in the states you'd never want to do something like this since you'd need a fucking team of lawyers to figure out the intricacies of all of the liquor laws
>>
>>1294715
That's my whole point, food and beverages is a 'don't'. And really, it doesn't matter why, the stats bear this out.
>>
>>1293985
Dude, forget it.
I'm from Germany too and I aready see one major factor why you'll have a really hard time to make money.

www.whisky.com

They are located in Germany and there is probably no better domain.
>>
>>1295048
it's very specific. superior marketing can always annihilate nichemarkets. law is a major problem. starting imvestment should be huge to have. chance and still high risk.
>>
>>1295233
Really good whisky is sold out fast, especially Hibiki, one of the best in the world.

No network, no good whisky.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.