[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /mba/ here? Are there any business related clubs like those
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 604x604
Who /mba/ here? Are there any business related clubs like those in undergraduate? How do you "make connections"? Is that just a ploy way of saying be the popular kid and have interviews offered to you, or do you actually seek out people and ask them for help and offer doing internships, volunteering, etc?
>>
>>1292948
I'm going to start uni and get my MBA, now at 22.
>>
>>1292948
MBA gives experience that you would gain over a few decades in business in a few years.

But yes, the main thing they are good for is networking.

Just got a cushy healthcare finance job from my professor!
>>
MBA is probably the most over priced and over rated degree that's probably on par with the art history majors today. Real business is learned in the field and with experience. You will never be good at business listening to some dipshit academic liberal with no real world experience.
>>
>>1293106
See my above comment. Networking
>>
>>1293106
>dipshit academic liberal

and yet you have to be educated by them to get any job in this world...
>>
File: 1465394328991.jpg (42 KB, 306x552) Image search: [Google]
1465394328991.jpg
42 KB, 306x552
>>1293106
>buy newspaper
>open finance section
>read about recent merger
>investigate and find the director that made the deal
>email him and congratulate him on the deal
>ask if I could buy him a coffee to discuss it with him
>he says yes and opts for a pub for some reason
>meet him at pub, he wearing informal clothes
>starts downing shit loads of guinness
>buys me about 10 shots of vodka
>interrupts me whenever I talk about the merger
>wtf
>whispers in my ear to come into the toilet with him
>says if I blow him he'll set me up as an analyist
>blow him
>never returned my emails

what did I do wrong

how to i into muh networking
>>
>>1293186
please be a joke
>>
>>1292948
don't try to "make connections", people aren't stupid. 99% of people are socially aware enough to see that you're trying to use them.
what networking truly is is befriending the people going into the industry you want to go into. if you're at an MBB target school and want to get into consulting, join the the consulting society and go to all their events! hopefully you'll make genuine friendships with the older students who are set to graduate and then you know people who work at the firm you want to work at.

tl;dr, networking is literally just making friends with people on the same path as you.
>>
>>1293106

THREAD
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.