[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Small business question:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: WP_20160510_001.jpg (940 KB, 2248x1685) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160510_001.jpg
940 KB, 2248x1685
I build tables and sell them on etsy, facebook, and craigslist for $450-650/each. I want to sell a group of 10 tables wholesale for $180-200/each.

How do I do this? I'm decent at finding retail customers, but I've never even thought about wholesale business before.
>>
File: WP_20160607_002.jpg (3 MB, 3552x2000) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160607_002.jpg
3 MB, 3552x2000
I'd also take a swing at being a dropshipping wholesaler, if that's a better route to go down.
>>
>>1292613
That's a pretty good business you got there. I would firstly find a friend who can help me build as many as you can. Find other shops in your town who would purchase it and start your own wood crafting business.
>>
>>1292832
Thanks! I'll look into that. I know there are some consignment shops local to me. Probably a good place to start.
>>
Go to all the furniture stores in town and speak with the owner.

Start calling all the big furniture companies corporate lines. Ask for a meeting to show them your furniture.

Good luck. Gonna take work.
>>
>>1292597
how many hours of work did the table in the picture take? i like watching woodworking videos on youtube, but they always fast forward and don't say how long things take.

i can't help with your query though, sorry.
>>
File: IMG_20160519_114726.jpg (159 KB, 971x892) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160519_114726.jpg
159 KB, 971x892
>>1293044
Actual work: about 7-8 hours. Unfortunately, with all gear shifting required to build them one at a time they take a lot longer(maybe 30 hours). Strangely, I could slam together 10 of them in the same timeframe, by just focusing on one or two steps per day.
>>
>>1293103
interesting. yeah i can imagine it is quicker to do each step in batches, but probably less interesting.
it's a nice business though, good luck.
>>
>>1292597
You will be hard pressed. Best option would be to farm out your wholesale selling to a rep who knows the market or have a commission based sale system in place to compensate sellers in other markets.
>>
>>1293233
How do I find those folks?
>>
>>1293103
Did you calculate how many hours it takes for a table to be built when doing 1/5/10/30/100 tables at the same time? Try finding the optimal point there and calculate the income per hour whem selling many at a time, so you can hire people based on that to expand further. Also, watch for the local or outer demand, find markets even if it means having to hire a truck or w/e to transport
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.