[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/biz/ to Military
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
Been thinking about giving up on life & joining the military. What are some of the actual benfits (finacial, healthcare, dental etc.?) & what are the drawbacks? (ptsd, hiring troubles, etc.)
>>
>>1292115
Security clearance, Free college and a bit of cash just for getting in shape and learning a trade for a job you only do for 2 days a month that will let you meet contractors for a high paying civilian job.
>>
>>1292115
Getting shot. Although I guess that could be a benefit or a drawback depending on your perspective.
>>
Most jobs involve 0 combat so that's only a concern if you want it to be. You'll work a lot but almost all your paycheck is disposable. Companies usually view military service as a positive. You'll probably end up with various sports injuries because people who run PT will make you do all kinds of stupid shit. All in all it isn't a bad deal.
>>
File: 1376264635172.jpg (43 KB, 350x469) Image search: [Google]
1376264635172.jpg
43 KB, 350x469
>>1292343
>You'll probably end up with various sports injuries because people who run PT will make you do all kinds of stupid shit

This. I'm just in the ROTC right now and I'm shocked at how retarded our PT is. Like exercises consisting of sprinting down steep hills, doing jumping-jacks, then running backwards up the same hill.
>>
Hah. Good luck getting in. It's not like before where they just let in anyone, these days you need fucking college credits and the medical examination is very, VERY strict. I got disqualified permanently from the military just because I failed the hearing test and couldn't hear the high frequency sounds.
>>
>>1292115
Currently active army as an infantryman. I enlisted with a college degree in the job that requires the least amount of brain power because that was the job I wanted to do. I took their ASVAB test and the recruiter told me I could do literally any job the Army had to offer.

In the military you will get all health paid for. Eyes, teeth, medical, ER visits, anything. What they fail to tell you is that the medical treatment is "meh" at best. The doctors have a rotating door of patients and will be quick about their visits with you. It's not too bad though because since they see a lot of patients they are generally decent with diagnostics of disease/injury since they see the same shit all the time.

If you're single you'll live in the barracks and they will most likely be shitty barracks. You work with young people, think under 20 if you enlist, you will deal with stupid NCOs (basically your immediate supervisor -- but in any job whose supervisor isn't an idiot), and do PT on a regular basis. As someone noted before, PT is conducted with your squad and is dumb because you have a 22 year old trying to make people do exercises the body can do, just isn't use to doing. Like someone said, sport injuries. Currently my right should has some tendon injury where it hurts to sleep on it or raise it a certain way.

PTSD isn't something to worry about if you are not in a combat related job. The war is over, you most likely wont get deployed. I'm infantry and I've been in a year and a half and haven't gotten orders for a deployment yet. I'm also in a major division that deploys often. If you're worried about being yelled at, lots of cursing, crude jokes. Do not join any branch of the military.
>>
desu I turn down most military applicants because you can tell they are scumbags. I've started to throw away resumes with military service. Wish them all the best but I took a few chances on vets and they fucked but badly with no remorse.

If you are 18/19 then sure. 22+ enlisting in the military is a shit idea
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.