[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi guys, I'm soon going to recieve $425,000, which will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (120 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
120 KB, 750x1334
Hi guys, I'm soon going to recieve $425,000, which will be around $270,000 post tax.

This money is mine to do what I want with, and besides buying a couple things like a computer and maybe a year or two of rent, I think I want this money to ultimately become a down payment on my first home.

Let's say I have 250K for simplicity. Could I get some advice where to place this cash to best meet my goals? I plan to probably use it for said house in 5-10 years.

I'm already adept at investing, having turned 8K into 22K in about 3.5 years. My big winners have been Amazon, Waste Management, and Activision (God bless Bobby Kotick). I have 500-1,000 in another dozen or so stock of varying success (Google, Bank of America, couple pharmacuticals, some other shit)

I also have about 5K in Vanguard high Yield (VYM) and Vanguard Total Index (VTI). Both have done well, and VYM is my favorite thing ever.

Last I have a couple K in a Vanguard Bond that never does anything.

I guess my biggest question is should I just proporionally add way more cash into the stocks I have (10K into each stock, 50K in each ETF, 50K on Bonds/CD), or should I conpletely redo my strategy now that the stakes are so much larger? I'd really appreciate some imput.
>>
Also, I have no real income besides this upcoming money. I've already dwindled my saving down from 30k to 22k thanks to getting a meme degree. I'm really hoping to land a job tomorrow. Once I do (and it will happen eventually) I will be making (40-60K) my goal with that would be to become self-sufficient, move out of my home, and still save around 10K a year.
>>
Buy games on Steam summer sale.
>>
>>1288708

Put it all in trump coin.
>>
>>1288708
Put 20k in P2P lending for the subtle cash flow
Large portion into a 3 fund portfolio with Vanguard
20k into precious metals, IRL incase SHTF
10K of guns and ammo, then like 50/50 whats left into VYM and VTI. Consider Maxing your (roth) IRA out with REIT's wich would be 5.5k a year. and max out your 401k
open up an annuity, aka life insurance, with a growing cash benefit. god forbid you fuck up and get sued, that money cant be touched. neither can your gold or guns if you're smart about it.
>>
>>1288708
use that 60k income per year to purchase a 250$ house in a neighborhood that is unlikely to have minorities move in, as well as a used Japanese shitbox that you will learn to maintain and repair.
keep playing with that 22k, snowball it if you can
>>
>>1290098
250,000$*************************
>>
I recommend to put at least part of it in some midstream oil companies, most of them are selling at crazy low valuations despite having stable profits (they charge on the amount, not the value, of the oil they ship). You can get VERY high yields at current prices without much risk.

Case in point: GEL (Genesis Energy LP), one of my largest holdings. 6.7% yield at a 60% payout ratio, been raising distributions quarterly for over a decade now. One of the largest (if not the largest) pipeline companies in the Gulf of Mexico, and slated to grow in the coming years due to increasing production in the region. All at a PE of 9.

Or if you're not comfortable stock picking go with AMLP, it's an ETF that tracks midstream MLPs. Yields 8.8% and didn't cut its distributions at all during the oil crash (in fact, they're still growing). P/E of 6.

Just my 2 cents.
>>
>>1288708
invest most of it in a diversified portfolio of stocks and don't dump all of the money in all at once. maybe pick a few ETFs that broadly cover the US and international markets and maybe a few sector-specific funds or individual stocks that you feel strongly about. invest the same amount each month to spread the investment amount over a year or two so you spread out your risk and don't end up going all in right before a crash. keep some money in cash as well. if there is another recession/market crash, having cash is a very good thing. while everyone else is panicking, you will be able to scoop up some assets for cheap since you're the guy holding the cash.
>>
>I'm a useless neet chud with a basket weaving degree
>oh no worries, I've got a quarter million coming to me for doing fuck all

There is no justice in this world. Put all your money into knee pad futures and then kill yourself
>>
>>1290614
how about being happy for someone instead of being an asshole?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.