[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trading algo software, MATLAB
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: crazy-chart.jpg (105 KB, 1300x1390) Image search: [Google]
crazy-chart.jpg
105 KB, 1300x1390
Fellow /biz/nessmen,
I'm looking to write and backtest trading algorithms. Can anyone provide a free DL link to a recent version of MATLAB or any other suitable software?
>>
If you can't find a download link for the software that you will use to write trading algorithms, what makes you think you can write trading algorithms?
>>
>>1288604
I obviously already did. They only look malicious and full of shit. I thought someone on here might use a cracked version that didn't give them aids or the plague.
>>
>>1288629
Not sure why you think practically anyone on /biz/ would be using MATLAB. I would go ask /sci/ honestly, you'd have a way better shot over there.
>>
>>1288653
Except for, you know, all of the supposed engineers that hang out in the college degree threads.

Mech Engr student here. I got a free copy from my local university. If your a student try to ask an engineering buddy to get you an academic license code from the uni's help desk.
>>
>>1288599
Doesn't your university have a license?

If you don't have access to a free MATLAB I'd learn C++, Haskell or Python.
>>
>>1288676
Oh and you'll need an ".edu" email through that universities email or the license wont take.

At least that's how mine did it. Had to re-download it three times to figure that out
>>
File: 1430693741460.jpg (29 KB, 421x248) Image search: [Google]
1430693741460.jpg
29 KB, 421x248
any reason to use matlab especifically? octave does a lot of the stuff that matlab does. and i mention octave because it's "compatible" with matlab.. i don't see why you wouldn't use something like python and numpy or R. it sounds like you don't know a lot about numerical programming in general
>>
>>1288681
python is very simple and you can do a lot with it, don't know the first thing about trading algorithms tho so don't know if python is the best option for that specific purpose
>>
>>1288599

To do proper algo trading you'll need to build a platform from scratch. MatLab, NinjaTrader, MetaTrader - they all have their limitations. The only way to fly is to do it yourself.
>>
>>1288604
this is the kind of reply rednecks and dumbfucks in this board make. fucking loser. help the man.
>>
>>1290004
You're right, but he isn't wrong.
>>
Question: is Haskell good for trading algorithms?
>>
>>1290226
No
Use python
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.