[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bitcoin halving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: bitcoin-mining.jpg (298 KB, 3000x2370) Image search: [Google]
bitcoin-mining.jpg
298 KB, 3000x2370
What effect do you think the halving of bitcoin payouts will have on Bitcoin price?

Fortune.com suggests that it may cause a price crash and destabilization, at least, for a while.

http://fortune.com/2016/06/05/as-bitcoin-payouts-halve-uncertainty-looms/

Coindesk.com mulls over the same thing...

http://www.coindesk.com/crisis-halving-bitcoin-mining/

"Chandler Guo founder of Bitbank said he fears that if the price of bitcoin does not appreciate significantly before or immediately after halving, too much hashrate will drop off the network due to unprofitable mining, making transaction verification virtually impossible."

I figured the halving should cause a increase in price due to both increased scarcity of Bitcoins and to make mining still worthwhile, just my opinion though.
>>
File: NocoinersAreDEAD.png (88 KB, 1180x838) Image search: [Google]
NocoinersAreDEAD.png
88 KB, 1180x838
Anyone with a brain should have been making money since January 2015 when it bottomed, and I recommended to get all in.

So scenario 1) It corrects: Good, time to buy the dip and keep growing

Scenario 2) It keeps growing: Just continue sitting on my ass looking how my BTC are worth thousands of dollars more on a daily.

You just can't lose.
>>
File: wew_lad.png (448 KB, 1474x1093) Image search: [Google]
wew_lad.png
448 KB, 1474x1093
I was around for the first halving.

I've been mining, buying and holding bitcoin since 2012

The price is going to skyrocket in the coming months. Expect at least $2,000 for one bitcoin.

pic-related, me mining on a $200 GPU in 2012 when 1 BTC was $10.
>>
>>1289220
Kek
>>
Up
>>
>>1288515
probably not going to do much it will crash a little because of speculators trying to unload at once.
>>
no idea, already sold at $585, it's gonna crash like 30-40% as it always does, go right up and then crash again, till the next bubble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7AGFAcwY3U

Get money, fuck bitches!
>>
>>1288515
>I figured the halving should cause a increase in price
It's already happening in case you didn't realise.
>>
>>1288515
Anon, I really dont know, but why exactly the price would drop?
>>
Guys, trade with x10 leverage on https://whaleclub.co/join/CiCCMS I've made 20,000 since the pump and BTC is breaking 600 in the next 3 days.
>>
File: opengraph.png (10 KB, 265x499) Image search: [Google]
opengraph.png
10 KB, 265x499
>>1288515

I really like the new post-halving logo
>>
>>1288515
>I figured the halving should cause a increase in price due to both increased scarcity of Bitcoins
Newly minted coins make up an extremely small percentage of coins traded
>>
File: 2-39.jpg (116 KB, 532x800) Image search: [Google]
2-39.jpg
116 KB, 532x800
So, humor me: should I buy the BTC now or wait for the Halving?

Last time I bought my satoshi it was ~350$. Now it's 580$.

And yes, I spent it on TRUMPS.

So, wat do? Should I wait or BUY NOW? I kinda don't want to. The increase has been too high. I only have 1000$ in my budget.
>>
>>1291612
>trading bitcoins on leverage

youve got balls ill give you that
>>
>>1292566
Blaha?
>>
>>1292604
names hemmingway, kid
>>
>>1292631
How are the reptilians of the CIA doing, mr Jason Blaha?
>>
>>1289220

> $2000

Nope.
>>
>>1288515
None, as in, it'll be +10/-10%. The time for big gains on BTC has sailed. Ethereum and LISK is where its at.
>>
>>1289235
>>1292816
morons
>>
>>1293825
Nooooope.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.