[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Broke as hell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: money-05.jpg (159 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
money-05.jpg
159 KB, 800x450
How do I start making more money on the side if I'm broke as hell already?

I'm currently living abroad and I hate my job and everything related to it. I'm currently making jackshit at around $1200-$1500 a month and after bills and other necessities I end up with roughly $300-$500. No matter how much I try I'm never able to save up anything and as the months go by my paychecks are getting lower and lower due to the inconsistency of my job.

I had resorted back to gambling in attempts to possibly come out at least a couple hundred above what I started with, but it seems like lady luck had stopped smiling down on me as the last bit of luck and even hope I had has run dry. I don't plan on stopping but at the moment I can't even deposit cash into my account to try gambling more.

I would like to move back to my home country and work again but there are people and reasons for me to stay here. It may be dumb of me and potentially dooming me further but moving back would be my last resort.

Although I would love to be rich as fuck I understand that's a distant dream and all I really want is the possibility to at least make a couple extra hundred $ on the side. Something to get my foot in the door and possibly even start something of my own.

I'm sure the frequent browsers of /biz/ probably see threads like this all the time but any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.
>>
it would help if you state from which country you hale from, and which country you are residing at the moment

and how old you are..
>>
>>1287806

Yeah that's a good point.

I'm 25 and originally from Canada and currently living in Japan.
>>
>>1287802
Your best bet is either finding an innovative idea and selling it, or get self-taught through the net on how to climb the ladder and try finding a job that accommodates a ladder to begin with.
>>
>>1287802
How broke?

$300 in the bank?

There's no easy way to success.
>>
>>1287802
Well with that amount of cash you can open a trading account in oanda, I recommend you to start trading with a paper account, the difference between investing and gambling is the risk you take, so start with little leverage I use 1:5 and I trade index and oil futures, if you want to enter the forex market you need a little more leverage. Trust me gambling is like the worse way to gain money, the odds are against you. In my experience I blew up an account in the first month, what I can tell you is that once you experience failure you kinda look for a way to succeed from your mistakes, today I gain like 10-30% a month depending on how well I traded. In trading you can control the risk according to your personality, best advice they gave me is that is not how much do you make but how well you handle the risk
>>
Please do not start betting unless you can afford to lose some money. And I can imagine it being hard for a foreigner to have a decent job in Japan. There are much better Asian countries for white people (assuming you're white of course)
>>
>>1288364
I've always taken every opportunity to self teach and learn new things, do you have any recommendations on any books or sites where I can start? Even the smallest starting point would be great.

>>1288372
Broke as in nothing in the bank and at the moment only $200 on hand. The $200 I have now will mostly be gone by the time my next paycheck comes around.

>>1288560
After messing around with a Paper Trading account and learning the ins and outs how much would you recommend I have financially before trying anything? I was always interested with the idea of trading and investing while I was in Canada but I was always worried that I wasn't financially stable enough to try. Guess it's time to try now.

>>1288566
Betting has always been something I turned to for the fast money and the thrill. I'll do everything to avoid it until the day comes where I can mess around with cash I can afford to lose.
>>
>>1287802
You can always try something like real estate if you are entrepreneurial.
>>
>>1287802
Bumping for interest

Is it realistic to get a lot of profit from investing with only $1000 capital?
>>
>>1289031
No.

10% gain with $1,000 is $100 unrealized.
Taxes and fees take out of that. Plus the time you waste worrying and watching it.

>>1289012
You don't make enough to worry about investing it yet.

There's no easy way to success.

Japan in your situation is hard to make money in. Foreigners simply don't do well in Japan.

If I were you, I'd stop fucking gambling first of all. It's retarded. It's guaranteed loss, plus emotional loss.

Second, work more/spend less.

Third, don't worry about investing until you have at least $3,000 in the bank that's doing nothing.

Fees and taxes and time spent worrying about investing is not worth it at anything less than that.

$3,000 investment at 10% gain annually, which in today's markets is extremely unlikely, only creates $300 in unrealized profits.

Anons on /biz/ don't get how pointless most of our investments are at less than $10,000.

I myself have traded for 3 years with $8,000 and have only made $300.

It's honestly not worth it to even think about in your situation. Work, save, and once you get to $3,000 then you can worry about investing.
>>
>>1289048
Thanks for the clear and eye opening information. Like you said it's extremely difficult for foreigners to profit being in Japan unfortunately. For the time being I'm here until family issues are resolved so I gotta make do.

Are there any other potential ways to make a bit of side cash online that anyone knows of? Aside from cam sites or pretending to be a Nigerian prince is there anything I could do? I know this is a long shot but I'd love to hear what bits of information others may have.

On a side note I'd love to start reading some business/finance books. I don't know how useful (if at all) they are but I would like to possibly start somewhere.
>>
>>1289012
I would say that between 300-500 is like the perfect amount you can even start with 100 but you have to take a little more risk
>>
>>1287802
>I had resorted back to gambling in attempts to possibly come out at least a couple hundred above what I started with
I imagine some 20-something white dude surrounded by ancient Japanese men all chain smoking and playing pochinko
>>
File: gq4ec.jpg (20 KB, 431x267) Image search: [Google]
gq4ec.jpg
20 KB, 431x267
>I had resorted back to gambling

Jesus Christ poor people are dumb
>>
>>1287802
trumpcoins bro. trumpcoins.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.