[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Questions For College Grads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: _NaEXpjJwS-Instagram.png (57 KB, 500x653) Image search: [Google]
_NaEXpjJwS-Instagram.png
57 KB, 500x653
What degree did you get?
Was it worth it? - Why or why not.
If you could start college over again, what would you change - if anything? \Would you go back & not go to college?

I can't decide, help please ty
>>
Kneepadology O.P
>>
File: cuban-e1439240152560.jpg (63 KB, 800x519) Image search: [Google]
cuban-e1439240152560.jpg
63 KB, 800x519
>>1287582
Literally, why? This is a good fucking question. From my perspective /biz/ is quite smart for the most part & thought I could get a little insight rather than abortion worthy bullshit replies.
>>
I think the current college system we have in place has max one hundred years left. People will wise up to it being a scam.
>>
File: 1450969382842.jpg (32 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1450969382842.jpg
32 KB, 720x480
>>1287671
>college is a scam
>>
>>1287568
So you're willing to base your degree choice off of random people's advice about what degree they got, their entirely subjective experience with that degree based on what school it was from, what year, how the economy was doing, how the local job market was doing, etc...

What the fuck are you hoping to hear from this thread? You do realize how broad and retarded your question is don't you? Think for yourself or you're going to be fucking miserable kid. It doesn't even sound like you know why you're going to college, other than possibly out of the fear of being "that guy that didn't go" which is perfectly acceptable depending on what you do.
>>
>>1287698
I'm not making a life decision based on opinions on 4chan. I'm asking because I've done the research myself & still not fully convinced one way or another.

> Been aiming for a degree in engineering or programming

> are degrees in these fields %100 necessary to enter the industry?

> is the time & money spent @ school compensated for & if so how long does it take?

Fairly simple questions i assumed.
>>
>>1287666
>when the watermark takes up a third of the pic
>>
>>1287745
Very useful information man, thanks for the valuable insight. It's folk like you that make /biz/ helpful.
>>
>>1287568
I chose engineering because I'm going long on robotization and the end of low skilled labour within my lifetime.

>>1287741
Programming: not necesarily if you're looking for low-level jobs. I would say that is a dangerous game to play with all those cheap indian codemonkeys around, but -to my amazement- low level coders can still get a job fairly easily where I live. I don't think that will last, but I might be wrong. Engineering: pretty much yeah, you always need a degree, especially for top-level positions.
>>
>>1287671
Ohh boy
>>
>>1287741
> are degrees in these fields %100 necessary to enter the industry?
Engineering yes, programming no

>is the time & money spent @ school compensated for & if so how long does it take?
Depends heavily on the type of engineering you're doing.

Get a computer science degree and you'll very likely be making $50-$70k right out of school. Without credentials and access to the opportunities universities provide you (e.g. internships), it would take you much more than four years to break into that level of the industry.

If you want to save money, go to a community college your first two years. There's really no point in spending your freshman and sophomore years at a full-fledged university unless you got into a top-tier school or you have a scholarship (assuming you're US)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.