[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how would you exploit stagflation? i live in a shitty country
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
how would you exploit stagflation? i live in a shitty country with price controls on basic goods and i happen to be earning more than most people in usd, not in my country's currency which is worthless. how would you profit from this?
>>
>>1287342
Well, what do you see as the trajectory for the next coming months, years, etc? Without that particular data I don't know how to help you much. I don't know a whole lot about ForEx trading, but I do know that it's pretty risky based on the trading margins and general volatility, but I can imagine you can probably doing something with that.
>>
>>1287351
it's really uncertain. no one really knows what's going to happen. but seemingly no one, either the government or the opposition, wants to step up and cut subsidies and lift the price controls on basic goods for the time being because they fear mass civil unrest. but still there are massive shortages so it's likely that eventually something bad's going to happen either because of the shortages or because of the high prices. it's become really hard for the poor to both find food and afford it
>>
>>1287342
Buy precious metals.

If there's price controls on basic goods, then there's likely a shortage. Buy some sugar or flour then sell it on the black market.
>>
>>1287468
should i buy precious metals? i'm getting paid in usd. i don't need to protect my income

i could buy basic goods and sell them in the black market, but i don't have the time. there's a lot of people that do that stuff already, they spend many hours on queues. also i don't really want to have much to do with that because of the legal repercussions
>>
haha
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.