[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /biz/"s opinion on US labor laws?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: laborlaw.gif (27 KB, 452x326) Image search: [Google]
laborlaw.gif
27 KB, 452x326
What's /biz/"s opinion on US labor laws?
>>
>>1287131
Depends on where in the US. Most states have poor employee protections, some states are onerous to business, few are well balanced.
>>
>>1287131

Business owner here.

I've seen both sides of the coin, and with the exception of wages and vacation time, I think employees have it too good. It's very easy for them to sue an employer, fake an injury and collect workman's comp, and collect unemployment.

But aside from those issues, I have a problem with employee pay and vacation time. National minimum wage should be raised to $12/hr and it should be law that any full time employee is given at least 2 weeks vacation per year and 5 sick days.

In a perfect world we would need zero business laws, but we live in a fucking greedy and corrupt world where business owners treated employees like livestock. So fair owners like me have to pay for the Vanderbilts and Rockafellars of the world.

> mfw I start employees at $15/hr
>>
>>1287357

too easy to sue, fake injury and collect worker's comp, eh? Sounds like it's time to start a new thread.
>>
On the whole it favors capital and fucks labor. But that isn't new for this country.
>>
I don't have a problem with it because I live in a first world state.
>>
>>1287357
Truth, I recently was fucked over on my job because I actually injured myself at work(torn tendon in shoulder)
I didnt need time off work just modified duty and then WSIB denied my claim and then next thing I know Im laid off because construction and theres nothing I can do about it.
>>
Fuck construction you should buy Trumpcoin and ride with us to the moon.
>>
>>1287434

Sorry to hear. Thats fucking shitty
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.