[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good long term stocks to have in your portfolio /biz/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: mpKZg.png (200 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
mpKZg.png
200 KB, 500x276
What are some good long term stocks to have in your portfolio /biz/?
>>
B.J corporation
>>
FXCM
>>
>>1286990
BRK
F
DIS
General Mills
AAPL
>>
>>1286990
F
That's it cause I'm a poor fag.
>>
>>1286990
TTNP TO THE MOON
>>
whatever warren buffett is buying

im sure you can find records for his transactions on some gov't website, just bookmark that page
>>
F, TTNP, VRX, MGT, XGTI
>>
blog.objectiveforex.com/p/long-term-super-stocks.html
>>
>>1286990
Sune
Btu
Enron
>>
whoever's still standing from the nifty fifty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nifty_Fifty
>>
Don't buy F or GM. I didn't look at the other automobile manufacturers but they F's liabilities are 3x their assets. GM's liabilities are 2x their assets. That's a fuckton of debt. Most likely when the wheels stop turning and electric car manufacturers leave them in the dust (only GM is making slight progress in this), they'll most likely be expecting another government bailout. They won't get one. Conviction avoid.

If you just invest in large-cap value (15x or less trailing P/E, wait for some to come down) tech stocks, healthcare, and consumer staples all with solid dividends you should be fine LT. You can add a utility as well if you want. Be careful with the utilities because they are all exceedingly overlevered as well. Grab BLV too, 50/50 government and corporate bonds.

An example of this would be CSCO JNJ KHC [AWK] BLV

You could own the VTI instead. Low beta names are fine, as dividends are the key to capital appreciation overtime, not just stock price. I don't own any of the stocks mentioned but have owned them in the past.
>>
You're too stupid to invest in stocks individually, dont even try. And if you weren't you wouldn't be here. Invest in the vanguard index fund, entry point doesn't matter much because it's a slow rise to the top.
>>
>>1287034

What if Warren Buffet dies in 3 years?

What happens to BRK? So much hinges on his perceived personal strategies.
>>
>>1287339
Just by Warren Buffet buying stock sends a stock into the stratosphere. Its ridiculous. He bought the dip on apple and everyone thought he was a genius.
>>
>>1287276
This....and why buy auto stocks at the auto sales peak? Have you all not read the warnings about the next financial crisis stemming from subprime auto loans?
>>
>>1287339
When Buffet dies don't you think everyone is gonna load up on BRK stock just for sentimental value?
>>
>>1287364
No, retard.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.