[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BREXIT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: brexit.jpg (142 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
brexit.jpg
142 KB, 660x440
OK lads, /pol/ here. Looking forward to the brexit but I fully accept that there will likely be a large hit to GBP. Since we have a maniac chancellor who will also probably try to print his way to prosperity I am not feeling too safe about my finances.

City economists predict a potential 20% fall in the value of the pound, I have about £30,000 savings. I have £15k in a tax free savings account at 1.1% monthly interest. Providing interest rates stay the same then that should cushion the impact a fair amount. But for the other £15,000 I would like to hedge in USD since there are no other attractive savings accounts that might cushion the impact like the one I have (already deposited the maximum). What I want to know (since I havn't the foggiest of ideas) is how to buy USD for the lowest premium spread (if thats what you call it) and whats the best way to do it.

I don't want to be a yolo day trader, I don't want any more gold, I certainly don't want paper gold shit. (i may look at bitcoin but dont try to meme me to buy 11ks worth cause i wont)

I just want to hedge £15,000 in USD. If any one here has any advice on which is the best way to go about that I'd be thankful.

Cheers lads
>>
set a cheeky trip code
>>
There is literally zero chance of a brexit, best thing to do with your money is take it to ladbrokes and bet on remain.
>>
File: bouncer3_3263177c.jpg (132 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
bouncer3_3263177c.jpg
132 KB, 460x287
>>1286575
>>1286404
>>1286402

gtfo cancer shoo, shoo >>>/pol/
>>
Realistically just buy some stock in big company instead of changing to dollars. And 15k pounds isn't exactly a ton of money just buy some shares of GE and call it a day
>>
File: a19.jpg (17 KB, 320x343) Image search: [Google]
a19.jpg
17 KB, 320x343
Leave now and take a minor hit or go down with the ship in 2018

The EU IS a failure
>>
its a lot for me mate, im 19 thats nearly a years wages

im thinking i may as well invest in robot engineering, thats obviously the future (or present)
>>
>>1286612
>>1286402
Tbh US government bonds for security. Don't think George will resort to the printing press tho senpai.
Voted Leave btw
>>
>>1286402
>actually wanting Brexit
>"All of the experts, business owners, executives, former senior politicians, foreign senior politicians, economists, academics, etc. are wrong but I'm right!"
>"all of the economic research published by both government sources and non-governmental sources is wrong. /pol/ infographics and arbitrary figures given by Leave are true!"
>>
Invest in cuck shed manufacturers and mosque building companies
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.