[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best way to invest inheritance?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: url2.jpg (51 KB, 760x505) Image search: [Google]
url2.jpg
51 KB, 760x505
hi /biz/

my mother passed away this and fortunately for me she left a decent amount of money so I wouldn't be scrimping and scrapping for my life. she wanted me to not just get by so she set up a decent life insurance policy and had her house.

If i get the amount I believe I get initially I will have a decent amount of cash to invest my inheritance. Ideally I would like to invest in property because the housing market here is so ridiculous that this will be the only chance I had to have a sizable down payment/ out right buy a condo/ townhouse. I will hopefully inherit more when my step father dies as it is all suppose to go to me in the end, but who knows what will happen in the future he's still has a chance to have another life and change his will.

Now I dont make much right now around $30k. I am aiming to be up towards $50k+ by the end of the year so i can make a mortgage payment.

Would it be wise to invest the money in property? I would like to have a condo paid for outright and rent it out to pay off a mortgage on a phase 1 townhouse.

do you think any of this is conceivable?
>>
>>1285949
>do you think any of this is conceivable?
??? What, whether or not buying property is conceivable?

If you believe that the market is bullish and you're bound to make money (this isn't true for many countries right now but there are always exceptions) then do it. I assume you have your basic necessities covered.
>>
Well if housing is in a bubble right now where you live, why do you want to buy into it?

Seems foolish. Probably better to put it in a cheap index fund and forget about it for a while
>>
Rent should NEVER be used to pay a mortgage you FUCKING IDIOT. IT'S UNRELIABLE. Rent should only be a sweet sauce on the hearty meal that is your job income.

Get it? You dumb, stupid, weak, pathetic, white, white... uh-uhh... guilt... white-guilt, milquetoast... piece of human garbage.
>>
>Ideally I would like to invest in property because the housing market here is so ridiculous that this will be the only chance I had to have a sizable down payment/ out right buy a condo/ townhouse.

dont throw away your money because you think *now is the only chance you'll get. that's the wrong idea. research housing prices over the past decade and get a feel if you think the numbers are artificial. also, at least wait until the end of the year, especially if you're american.
>>
>>1286341
it goes up... i live in Vancouver. It's a retarded place to live in terms of affordable housing
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.