[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to move to a rural area that's cheap and has the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 473128961.jpg (233 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
473128961.jpg
233 KB, 640x360
I want to move to a rural area that's cheap and has the least amount of shitskins. Would NH be a good idea? The no income and sales tax thing seems like a huge plus.
>>
File: Fall+Countryside.jpg (256 KB, 982x680) Image search: [Google]
Fall+Countryside.jpg
256 KB, 982x680
bump
>>
I live in the UK so i was just looking out of curiosity and i found this tiny but nice little condo in NH, far away from anyone, and it was only like $85,000, a disappointment I cant move to it
>>
>>1285547
Land is expensive here relativity speaking but there are no shitskins, not much in the way of crime aside from drugs and gun laws are lax. Finding a good job can be hard so you better line something up or be ready to find something. You could probably get more land in Maine.
>>
Northern California (think humboldt and up) is very rural and relatively cheap, and is almost 100% white
>>
>>1286268
Coming from nyc, pretty much any other place in the world would be cheaper, but I guess a small 2 or 3 bedroom house for under $300k would be what I'm looking for. As for work, I do software development from home, so I'm not tied to any specific location.

>>1286361
After living in both northern and southern california for a few years, I can't fucking stand that state. Plus income taxes are just as high as here in new york.
>>
>>1286417
what language do you program in and what kind of software do you develop in? remote working seems like a dream
>>
>>1286458
I do web development mostly and the language depends on the project. I've worked on projects with javascript, python, ruby, php, objective-c and know most of the popular web frameworks well. That's probably why it's easy for me to find jobs working remotely. But to be honest, once you learn the basics of software development, learning any new language or framework becomes easy as fuck. The difficult part is finding the motivation to work on most of these projects because 99% of what the "tech industry" wants to produce is pure trash.
>>
Am shitskin who lived in NH (rather, beautiful mocha colored skin individual, actually), and can confirm, there are no other shitskins in NH except a few H1Bs and refugees in Manchester and near the MA border.

I like it a lot here. Especially in the Portsmouth area and up into Dover and Newmarket. Would recommend. I had to move to Boston for a few years (hilariously expensive for what you get), but I will be going back as soon as I have enough experience to work a remote job.
>>
>>1286515
yea, i get that but it's just annoying when people who have no clue throw in all the latest hyped up meme framework just because. where do you find your projects?
>>
>>1286417
>a small 2 or 3 bedroom house for under $300k
You can easily find that here in NH. The question becomes how close to a city you want to live.
>>
>>1286662
Craigslist, angellist, occasionally other random job boards like stackoverflow's. Getting a job as a web developer is probably the easiest thing in the world right now, as long as you at least have some basic amount of skill and experience.

>>1286705
I want to live as far as possible from the city and suburbs while still having access to basic amenities like food shops.
>>
>>1286746
The north country would be your best bet. Coos county, Berlin area, white mountain area.
>>
File: nh_2010_housing_density.jpg (56 KB, 556x720) Image search: [Google]
nh_2010_housing_density.jpg
56 KB, 556x720
>>1286746
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.