[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cutco
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 17cutcopenny.png (109 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
17cutcopenny.png
109 KB, 250x250
What do you guys think of cutco? It sounds good, but I'm not sure at all.
>>
File: 572521[1].jpg_b64lines=.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
572521[1].jpg_b64lines=.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
What a cutting edge name, like Edgecom or Interslice.
>>
As a chef (reformed) and knifefag I can tell you their product is shit.

So it's as good as any other business that pressures people to offload shit merchandise on their friends and relatives.
>>
>>1284124
>What do you guys think of cutco?

It's multi-level marketing, i.e. one of the oldest and most persistent iterations of a Ponzi scheme. That's really all there is to it.
>>
It's a door to door pyramid scheme.

No one buys the knives because they're shit, so your only way of making money is annoying the fuck out of everyone you know, until they block all contact with you.

After three or so months, you realize you've lost money due to sign up fees and buying shitty knives and that all of your friends and family hate you
>>
>>1284141
The knives are actually awesome, but overpriced.

OP: Don't do it. Make your own web-shop if you want.
>>
File: 1462908657681.jpg (584 KB, 4106x3271) Image search: [Google]
1462908657681.jpg
584 KB, 4106x3271
>op here
Does anyone still work at cutco?
>>
>>1284124
Garbage!

Knives are phenomenal but their system is shit, their sales methods are shit, their entire everything is shit.

Interview process was interesting, i took it and use it in my own hiring style.

Their sales training was a joke, as a kid i was wide eyed, but spending 10 years in direct consumer goods sales and running my own sales teams, i realize it was just all empty american bullshit. There is no sincerity in the sales path - its all scripted. There is no real segue between the opening banter and the sales pitch.

And, if you're asked a question during your sales pitch, you're thrown off and cant get back on track, so you're whole demonstration is out the window. Its more like a "let me do my thing, we'll come back to it"

In Australia, it doesn't work. I did it 17 years ago, it still hasn't changed.
>>
>>1284138
>Ponzi scheme
not a pyramid scheme? Social Security doesn't require you to get your friends to vote Democrat.
>>
>>1284147
>Awesome but Overpriced

So shit. If a Mustang costs as much as a Porshce 918 Spyder, you wouldn't say "It's good, but 30x too expensive." You'd just say it's shit.
>>
>>1284147
Like Beats.
>>
I knew this mormon kid who sold cutco knifes. He was a little fucker, so the job suited him well.

If you are a fuck who doesn't care about what people think of you, you could just get some shit Chinese knives off Amazon and go door to door selling them as katko or something stupid like that and cut-out the pyramid entirely and be a bona fide douche knife salesdude.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.