[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Series 7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1434031488313.png (103 KB, 246x232) Image search: [Google]
1434031488313.png
103 KB, 246x232
How hard is the Series 7 exam? I'm studying for it right now to become a stockbroker. I'm worried I may not pass the exam. I got my master's degree in engineering. I know some stuff about the stock market in general as I've bought stocks before for my retirement account.
>>
>>1282405
Why do you want to be a stockbroker?
>>
>>1282405
You could be making 100k+ easy with solid job security, oppose to totally commission based non secure job.

Plus, the furfillment of being a salesman is much less than that of someone who actually solves problems.
>>
>>1282413
I think it would be a fun job. I like the stock market.

>>1282419
>You could be making 100k+ easy with solid job security, oppose to totally commission based non secure job.

I liked learning engineering, but I can't see myself working in the field. Passion died. Sometimes, you have to go with Plan B. Besides you don't start out with a 100k+ job out of grad school. Jobs aren't easy.
>>
>>1282426
>I think it would be a fun job. I like the stock market.

You're like 15-35 years too late.

Stockbroker is a non-existant profession now.

Be honest, did you watch the Hollywood film, 'Wolf of Wallstreet'?
>>
you know you need to be sponsored by a FINRA registered firm to take the test right

the test is trivial. just study for it. most places fire you if you can't pass it.
>>
>>1282434
>Stockbroker is a non-existant profession now.

Are stockbrokers being automated?

>Be honest, did you watch the Hollywood film, 'Wolf of Wallstreet'?

What's that?

>>1282438
Yes, I'm being sponsored. If I wasn't, I would have taken Series 65.
>>
>>1282442
Yes dude it's a non existent profession now
>>
>>1282446
What do I need to do now?
>>
>>1282466
I don't doubt there are still some stockbrokers left.
My great aunt won't do shit with digital stuff, so she still calls one to do trades for her.
The problem is that old people like to deal with other old people, so you're probably SOL, even if you could take over some old broker's accounts.
>>
>>1282405

sounds like a meme test. Is it even going to get your a job?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.