[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would it be worth it to torrent and study CFA materials? Yes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: cfa books.jpg (163 KB, 748x521) Image search: [Google]
cfa books.jpg
163 KB, 748x521
Would it be worth it to torrent and study CFA materials? Yes I'm already working through /biz/ recommended books.

I'm a statistician and I want to get started in trading / developing strategies / algorithms /etc. I'm happy with my career choice so I don't need the actual credential per se, but would it be worthwhile to study? Of course I'll skip the dumb sections.
>>
That's a big stack
>>
>>1282224
Quantopia.com
>>
>>1282224
I'll test you.
Question 1:
Does having a CFA mean that you have more financial skills than a non-CFA financial worker.
>>
>>1282246
what she said
>>
>>1282481
I have no desire to get a CFA or be a financial worker other than on my own personal projects.

What I'm asking is is it worthwhile curriculum-wise?
>>
>>1282478
if you mean quantopian.com then that looks fun. Kaggle is getting boring
>>
>>1282484
O, lol, no idea, but, the answer is that you aren't allowed to think you are better than non CFA fags.

I'm a finance student, I'm looking at quantitative methods just for lols and it seems relatively simple, most of it is finance101 and/or stat101

I don't think this stuff will really help you if you want to do trading desu, knowing the present value of an annuity isn't going to really assist you in this stuff.

I don't know exactly where to look for this stuff.
>>
>>1282484

Bout to take level 2...

No it won't help you at all. It's all extremely academic. Most of the models are outdated and everything makes assumptions or has restrictions that don't even come close to holding in the real world. I think all the charter does is give you proof that you aren't a total dummy.
>>
>>1282628
I think this guy gets it, after looking at the quantitative parts of it, you learn that stuff in lower level finance classes, i may be at a 4.0 but I have no idea how to apply that stuff to real securities.
>>
>>1282628
Good luck, bro. Now get off 4chan and do a last minute reviewing spurt.
>>
>>1282765

Thanks brah.
>>
>>1282668

If anything L2 Quant is better. It actually goes over statistical models instead of just reviewing stats 101.
>>
>>1282628
Level 2 fag here as well.
None of the material is very complex, its just the amount of stuff that makes it hard.

Good luck on Saturday anon!
>>
>>1282498
kek I just did that question
>>
good goyim , study those complicate finance books , that wont make you any money long term while i shake hands and trade tips at temple with my friends
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.