[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's a graduate interview where you were asked BS questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: QYPlmPQ.png (20 KB, 638x547) Image search: [Google]
QYPlmPQ.png
20 KB, 638x547
>it's a graduate interview where you were asked BS questions and the whole thing was a box ticking exercise but they still rejected you for God knows what reason episode

reee. I wasn't even nervous or any of that. I gave them what they wanted in term of answers.
>>
>>1281705
Being too eager is a no.
Being too perfect is a no.

The same reason that the military rejects people who want to be in the military a little too much. You're a liability.
>>
>>1281722

I'm not an eager person
>>
>>1281705
they didn't like you enough
>>
I got my job by being a clever little shit. Apparently disagreeing with who I later learned was the VP about the upcoming Star Wars was a big factor in hiring me. Not sure how that helped but it did.
>>
>>1281705
ive been rejected for 3 jobs this month. Hurts man cuz I know Im a great employee with tremendous work ethic. Gaps in my work history from travelling is the only thing I can think is stopping me
>>
>>1282130
>travelling
Fucking millenials
>>
>>1282130
Hide it
>>
>>1281705

Just be yourself
>>
>>1282780
I am a social retard.
>>
>>1281705
>I gave them what they wanted in term of answers.
But this is what everyone is doing. Presenting yourself as too obsequious, "perfect fit for criteria", obedient, and similar... is not the way to go.

If you want to stand out, you should try to be more grounded and candid. Say what you actually want, but with an emphasis that isn't edgy or self-aggrandizing.

For example, when I was a graduate I tended to think in terms of "I just want a job" or "I just want money" and I tried to perform in interviews like it was a graded test. Really graduates need to convey an impression like "I want to have a career in _______, so I see myself spending the next 2 or 3 years in a ________ role."

Businesses basically just want to get a sense that you're not going to waste their investment in recruitment. Your average employer doesn't want amazing candidates who will get bored, or shitty candidates who will underperform, or people who are not actually interested.

I would strongly recommend- to anyone looking for a job -instead of doing searches about tips and tricks for job interviews... do searches about conducting a job interview. Try to understand the people on the other side of the table.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.