[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would I go about getting hired in a manual labor position?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: pizza.jpg (32 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
pizza.jpg
32 KB, 460x276
How would I go about getting hired in a manual labor position? id love to work on an oil rig or on a fishing boat or climb towers or any entry level job that pays 40k+
Seems like the kinda job you gotta know a guy but Ive never been too social. Any tips? Anyone here in a field like that?
>>
I worked on an oil rig (land based) for a very small amount of time.

I got the job by walking into the company's regional HQ with a resume and got hired on the spot.

My only work history was being a cashier and being a laborer for a few months. But that was during the boom days in the heart of the Canadian oil industry.

Most off-shore guys probably have years of experience working on on-shore rigs.

Oil is a high-paying industry with a great amount of time off.

You're best bet is to work construction since it shows you aren't afraid of manual work, then branch out from there.
>>
Get into a construction company that builds and repairs houses decks and fences

Save as much as possible

After you feel you know everything we're talking 5-10 years start your own company
>>
>>1280524
Do you need to have a good build to get taken seriously? I'm skinny and small but I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty.
>>
Oil industry is falling apart. Countless people are losing jobs. Rigs are being shut down.

Now is not the time to get a job in oil.
>>
>>1281433
Our supreme leaders in Canada here want to ban natural gas by 2030 and make everything run off electricity. lel
>>
>>1280578
Lift nigga
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.