[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Little known money saving methods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: pep.jpg (25 KB, 625x465) Image search: [Google]
pep.jpg
25 KB, 625x465
Sup /biz/,

I'm broke. What are some ingenious shortcuts you use to reduce the amount of money you spend in costly situations?

I have a mate who uses an app to call Australia, for example.

I train-split from time to time but I'd love to see whether /biz/ has any more ideas.
>>
>>1280108
If you eat only ramen for an entire year, 3 meals a day, you only spend $140 on food each year.
>>
couchsurfing desu

I've saved thousands doing it
>>
1. God tier
Learn how to cook, seriously, if you are not cooking you own meals (and buying cheap produce) you're throwing away money, google "good and cheap" for a pdf with recipes that give you nutrition for under $4 a day

-POWER GAP-

Anything else, really.

>Take shorter showers to cut down HEAVILY in the electric bill, some people take 30m hot showers to "relax"
>In this same vein, turn down the heat and use a sweater
>Put a filled water bottle on your toilet's box, save water with each flush
>Stop smoking
>Stop drinking soda/"""""juice"""""

I'm sure other people can contribute
>>
>>1280108
Drink your pee to re-use the nutrients that you foolishly waste when going to the bathroom
>>
>>1280108
Eat the homeless. 2 problems solved
>>
>>1280188
This is a good one. If you're not budget conscious about your eating choices, its easy to spend hundreds of dollars a month on food.

Also, create a spreadsheet and track your cash flow for a few months. Put every single transaction in there. You'll soon see where all of your money goes and you'll know where to focus on saving.
>>
File: Untitled.png (28 KB, 573x653) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
28 KB, 573x653
Projecting expenses and income really helps. For example here is my guess as I prepare to move out.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.