[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Websites for Money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2015-09-13-11-04-11.png (684 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-09-13-11-04-11.png
684 KB, 720x1280
> Anyone here make any money from a website?

I've been thinking about starting one, but I'm not sure what it would be about. Maybe a bunch of shit I find interesting or useful? Not quite a blog though. Seems pretentious. It would be nice to make a passive 100/mo aswell.
>>
Just suck dick. It's easier.
>>
Monetizing websites is all about traffic and unique clicks. At $100 a month your website would need roughly 3,400 unique daily visitors, just FYI
>>
>>1280099
So 100,000 a month? $1 per 1,000 people? That is tough, but possible.

Anyone have any experience with this?
>>
>>1280096
I have a decent portfolio of tech-related sites, a dating site and a few health/fitness sites. Hosting costs and branding will eat into your profits, esp. early on. AdSense and the like are shit unless you have a very profitable tail of keywords such as car insurance or mortgages.

Poo2Loos and their incessant need to scam and shit EVERYWHERE have ruined that train bigtime. Don't be a chump change motherfucker. Your best bet is cutting out part of the middle man and monetizing CPA (cost per action) or signing up as an affiliate for products related to your niche and content.

Put in the work, grind out a decent stream of original content that adds value (you'll usually want atleast a month's worth.) Look into some BASIC SEO/SEM, the latter depending on your growth potential and budget, and let google-senpai do the rest.
>>
>>1280200
To add to this, go for quality over quantity, always. Blackhats and indians will pump out trash and clickfarms around the clock at a speed you could never keep up with even if you tried. Quality is king. This doesn't mean that you should spend DAYS on a single bit of content, though. You're doing this to have freedom and free time, right? Act like it. One of my sites, a niche domain related to emojis, has turned out ~$40 in the past 6 months - a pittance. However, the creation of it took just under two hours, with hosting and domain renewal coming down to ~15$ a year. By any definition, my domain is a financial success. My two hours of work will translate into an hourly wage of $250 in 10 years time, without even counting the added value of domain authority, resale potential on the after market, compound interest on my profits, and any additions I will make to the domain in the future to increase said profits.

For the love of god, stay far away from godaddy for your hosting needs if you decide to bite the bullet and launch something. I've gone over to siteground ( https://www.siteground.com/go/hosting-offers
) and I'm never looking back. Great uptime, great pricing and a support that's not made up of illiterate Pajeets and Sameers.
>>
>>1280096

I'm trying. In the geek news nieche(movies, tv shows, video games).

But it's not working well so far because I spent the budged(which wasn't big at all) on building and customizing the website, so I have no money left for writers, meaning that I have to do that myself.

So content is a problem. I'm good at marketing, and bringing traffic, not writing articles.
>>
>>1280096
If you want to make "passive" income you're never going to do that with a blog. You'll be shilling almost all the time and creating valuable content is time consuming also.
>>
What about a business model centered around"borrowing" content from websites? Like funny pictures, creepy pasta, and other such bullshit?
>>
>>1280316
It could work with funny pictures. But if you steal written content or real pictures you might get a bunch of lawyers on your ass to take down your work.
>>
OP how about you making a betting website. Set it up like a stock exchange. People buy shares of memey things, ex "Trump" "Star Wars" "Hamilton" "baka" "BANE" "emogi" shit like that. People buy anything they think will get more popular and sell at a profit.

Call it The Meme Exchange. You can seriously make so much money this way, I'm sure of it.
>>
>>1280360
How would you decide what the shares should be? Couldn't Trump sue you? Why would the price go up when they get more popular? Is this not just a pump and dump?
>>
>>1280386
>How would you decide what the shares should be?
They would be decided by the community. Enough people would need to put up enough money to create a new symbol.

>Couldn't Trump sue you?
Can Penton Manning sue you for betting on him?

>Why would the price go up when they get more popular?
Because more people would buy. The more people buy the higher the price goes up. I'm not sure exactly how to set this up but it seems simple enough.

Let's do it OP.
>>
>>1280354
Who can prove who wrote anything? The internet is a free for all.
>>
>>1280229
>~$40 in the past 6 months
lol, seriously? are you 5 years old or something
>>
>>1280229
I'm using godaddy right now.

Tell me why I'm retarded and why I should use siteground.
>>
>>1281235
Godaddy will cuck you in the future
>>
>>1281165
What part of scaling and passive income did you not understand? This is profit with zero effort on my part save the time spent getting it online. Are you going to leave $40 bucks on the street? Do you have anything better to do than sleeping while your portfolio grows and makes you an increasingly larger passive income?

>>1281235
You'll get fucked over during downtime, if you ever need their support you'll have to jump through flaming hoops while wearing a tutu and ballet shoes just to get a canned answer that doesn't help you in any way.
>>
>>1280360
>>1280386
>>1280404

If you guys are serious about this, I'd be willing to hop on board. Graphic design/video production experience.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.