[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting a digital marketing agency
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: breh.webm (3 MB, 406x720) Image search: [Google]
breh.webm
3 MB, 406x720
I'm starting a digital marketing agency and the website is almost ready to go live. Any advice before I put it out there? Any major pitfalls I might be unaware of? I did a lot of reading and I used to work at a preexisting agency, but I figured I'd ask if anyone here has firsthand experience running a B2B company.
>>
>spoiled

So we know that ass is diseased.

>I'm starting a digital marketing agency
>did a lot of reading and used to work at a preexisting agency

Why are you asking internet strangers when your degree and prior experience probably makes you more qualified than they are?
>>
>>1279180
I'm just asking about running a business in general. I know that I can talk to clients and build websites and run advertising campaigns, but I'm still curious what people with experience being their own boss think.
>>
>>1279173
Who is this semon demon!?!!??.
>>
>>1279173
How serious are you?

From what I know about marketing with content, it's your nuanced perspective that people are drawn to. The same people that relate to you in real life are the people that would relate to your way of teaching (via content) and who would trust you enough to hire you.

What types of companies are you thinking of working with?
>>
>>1279219
Forgot to add that I think doing your own content marketing would be a good idea; giving people the opportunity to learn from you and build a rapport.
>>
could I intern for you?
>>
>>1279219
I'm completely serious. I have enough money saved up to last a couple of months and I'm getting ready to take the plunge.

In person, people tend to gravitate towards me and I've been the guy everyone goes to for explanations and help for pretty much my entire life, in school and then in work after that. My communication skills should be more than adequate for the job.

I'm targeting small businesses and startups initially, but my plan is to branch out to video game developers once I get my bearings and have built up a press list (my experience is from working with shopping centers and their resident merchants, so that would be a fairly significant change for me).

>>1279247
If the agency is successful that could be a possibility, but that's not a possibility at this point.

Also you're a random anon on the internet, which is a bit of a strike against you.

>>1279214
No clue. I found the webm on /fit/ a couple of months ago.
>>
>>1279257
that's awesome

what are your prices starting.. are you willing to dish out initial retainers for the cheap while you build a portfolio?

as of now price is probably the main thing you have working for you vs your competitors

I work at WeWork in sf and I look into the some companies. Pumpkin Tree is a healthy snack company with accounts with Wal-Mart and Starbucks, but their site could use some work. not sure if they even have instagram

my cousin's boyfriend owns TKOVapes which are 5 mall kiosks. his online arm, which he's looking to expand into is VapeFuel. his site and insta need some tlc

I think vaping is golden in terms of marketing potential

do you have any clients currently? how do you plan on finding them in general
>>
I'm not looking for anything official and I don't really care about getting paid

just want to help. if you shoot me an email I'll send you a dossier of potential clients
>>
throw away: lookboldly at gmail
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.