[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any advice to for somebody looking to get into cryptocurrency
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Poloniex-logo-HR.jpg (68 KB, 1600x367) Image search: [Google]
Poloniex-logo-HR.jpg
68 KB, 1600x367
Any advice to for somebody looking to get into cryptocurrency exchange? Been researching for a little bit but still don't really feel confident enough to start actively trading. How did those who have had success build up the knowledge to not fail like a giant faggot?
>>
trade with btc, ltc, eth and you will.not fail

buy low and sell high, have your trade mantra planned out, for example:

buy eth at ~$9 each and sell at ~$14.5

and trade on bitfinex
>>
>>1278410
Thanks! Any reasoning for bitfinex over poloniex? Poloniex was just the first client I found out about, just wondering about benefits to one over another
>>
>>1278411
more reliable
>>
>>1278414
And you recommend just sticking with the bigger name currencies? Presumably because they are less risky and less commonly in flux?
>>
>>1278422
because investing in pump&dump clone coins with no actual use is 10000% riskier
>>
>>1278402
>How did those who have had success build up the knowledge to not fail like a giant faggot?
They just got lucky. It's hindsight bias. They either bought in at the right time or sold at the right time and then figured it was due to skill in timing the market. The best advice for you is to stay away from cryptos entirely as an investment. Since I know you probably wont listen to that, the second best advice is to follow the hype and buy in when people are talking about a crypto that has some new development (it honestly doesnt matter what the development is). Just dont fall for the hype. Sell quickly when you turn a profit. Dont listen to any retard that tells you to baghold longterm. They dont have your best interests in mind.
>>
>>1278431
I didn't intend to get into it for long term investments, from what I've seen it seems like a very short term profit window with a ton of fluctuation in prices even in the bigger name currencies. Although I might still get into it, I never intend to use it for my actual form of investment, and it would be more of an on the side thing. Thanks for the advice
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.