[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good resources to learn about financial derivatives?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: NNT.jpg (41 KB, 899x674) Image search: [Google]
NNT.jpg
41 KB, 899x674
What are some good resources to learn about financial derivatives? I'm talking about options, futures, swaps.
>>
go onto the website of the exchange that offers the products you are interested in. they always have some information. the cmegroup website has some easy to read stuff so check that out.
>>
>>1278384
CFA material is easy to understand and covers a broad range of derivatives. Especially L2 material about swaps, FRAs and Futures should be helpful.

If you want to take a deep dive, read pic related
>>
>>1278384
This is the absolute best one to start with. It has essentially everything you need to know, from if you'd study B.Sc. Finance. The later chapters have some grad/phd finance level stuff. Everything is also taught using jargon/notations that's actually used in the real world.

John Hull from Rotman (Toronto) also has a lot of free resources on his website and writes serious academic papers as well as industry white papers.
>>
>>1278559
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot anon.
>>
>>1278559
Wait, do you mean it has everything from a single class on Derivatives I'd take studying Finance or the entire B. Sc. Finance courseload?
>>
>>1278384
"Options as a strategic investment" by Lawrence G. McMillan.

It's the 101 and the bible of every options trader.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.