[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I work for a major, recognizable company, on the corporate level.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 720x480
I work for a major, recognizable company, on the corporate level. Everyone on my team is abandoning ship, because things have been really bad. I haven't been a fan of this job since I started, but I really have been a fan of the people.

Everyone has been talking up my great performance and talking about how a promotion is coming up in short order most likely - and the top two people ahead of me just quit, including my boss, who I adore, and protects me from a lot of the bullshit.

There's not really anywhere for them to turn but to promote me now... However, I'm reluctant since everyone is bailing. Should I bail too? I like our director and know she's counting on me to take on the mantle, but I don't trust the company at the moment.

On a personal level, the rapid ascendance on my resume would continue, and it would be a financial boon - likely with a ton of stress and potential for failure.

Thoughts, /biz/?
>>
You sound like you work at Statestreet.
>>
>>1277150

Nope.

Marketing, not finance.
>>
>the top two people ahead of me just quit, including my boss

Yes, quit. You need close allies above you in a corporate environment.
>>
>>1277144
>our director
>she

Bail the fuck out.
>>
>>1277223
OP is a woman, too.
>>
>>1277144
Take the promotion, then leverage it for a similar one with a different company after about 3 months.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.