[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Valuable Degrees
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: post2.jpg (39 KB, 460x481) Image search: [Google]
post2.jpg
39 KB, 460x481
What's the most lucrative degrees? I've been debating between Computer science and engineering, but even then I wouldn't know what branch to go to. I don't might starting with a low wage cap, I'm just interested to know if there's actually a demand and not impossible to enter the market.
>>
>>1275613
Women's Studies
>>
>>1275613
I'm qualified as a tradesperson.

I don't do that type of work any more, but I earn 250-300k per year and have done for years.
Had my own business for the past 3 of those years.

It's not about the degree, it is about where it takes you and the experience you can gain.
Or it you're planning on being a wage slave look at job vacancies and the salaries and choose the degree that best fits your goals.
>>
>>1275748
Dude, just fuck off with the tradeskills meme, owning your own business does NOT count as earning 240k a year its PROFIT from a successful business.

If trades all paid 300k why aren't people doing trades? You know and I know your workers you are probably paying peanuts.

I checked indeed just now okay, a Residential Plumber, salary 75-100k. Which, damn, all right thats pretty sweet actually.

Range on Electrician is pretty crazy, being quoted from 30k to 120k so fuck me, umm, lets call it 60k.

HVAC about 40k

Jesus Christ, Structural Iron Worker 120 an hour... okay I am feeling that.

Anyway none of this is close to 300 although its very respectable.
>>
>>1275761
I'm not a tradie any more you cock knuckle.
I wan in a trade, then in that specific industry I moved into sales and then I started my own company.
My money came from sales and starting a business and when I speak on income I am talking about ya' know... actual income.

My company turns over about USD 4-5 million per year. Of that it makes probably 800k in net profit. Some I hold in a bucket company and some I reinvest in my business.

The trade Meme is justifiable because most people don't end up mking their fortune from the field they study and their education debts are just a noose around their neck.
If you're going to do a degree then make money out of it then more power to you, I started work at 17yo 21 years ago and my first pay check was $220 for a weeks work, yes it was crap but there was no debt, I made money from day 1 and was financially independent by 32.
>>
File: file.gif (3 MB, 688x358) Image search: [Google]
file.gif
3 MB, 688x358
>>1275613
Currently doing Data Analytics with a minor in Math, so if I graduate with enough extra curricular I shouldn't have a problem getting a 60-80k a year job out of college

There seems to be a big market and of course math means >300k starting
>>
>>1275743
>Chronic Depression
>Barely ever speak aloud
>Barely ever smile
But this made me fucking LOL. Thanks anon
>>
>>1275769
What is your business and what was your trade if you don't mind me asking?
And how did you raise capital?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.