[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Loan Advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1396481675319.jpg (20 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1396481675319.jpg
20 KB, 640x360
>Be me
>Graduated high school two days ago
>Come from abusive family
>Going to college in Fall
>Signed lease on apartment with no money
>Relying on loans to pay for rent
>Confused on what to do
I got a decent academic scholarship, so most of my school expensive will be taken care of. What I'm wondering is if there is any way I can use student loans to pay for rent? I move in to my apartment August 19th, and I'm hopelessly terrified because I know it was a mistake to sign the lease on impulse.
>>
>>1275234
If your financial aid is more than the cost of your institution you'll receive a refund check for the difference typically
>>
>>1275234
go to fin aid office and ask about work-study programs, if that's not enough to cover it, then:
A) get a regular job (no time for classes tho, drop out)
B) Borrow (beware interest grows, and student loans stay with you forever [unless you work in underserved areas for cheap] can't even shake them off with bankruptcy)
C) beg the landlord to let you out now so he has time to find new tenant, and find a cheaper place to stay
>>
>>1275238
>>1275242
Thanks guys. I have a meeting with the people in my financial aid office on Tuesday. I hope this goes well.
>>
>>1275263
Also remember loans aren't due to be paid until 6 months after you graduate or drop below full time (12 hours worth of classes). Even then, they have repayment plans spanning 10-15 years
>>
>>1275234
You need to hustle until then either way.

Dunno where you are at, but you should be able to get a factory, warehouse, or tip based job that you can make enough to live on if rent is cheap. Get a shift or flexibility that will work with school I work 36 hours friday to sunday, works great.
>>
You should have done a trade anon.

Its not too late to back out of a college degree.

Unless you are going to become an engineer, doctor, nurse, lawyer, computer programmer, or accountant, there is rarely any need to go to college.

College is a gamble, and a trade is money right now without starting from a debt hole like you are about to
>>
>>1275816

THIS.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.