[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you call the business model where you pay economists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1448148141685.png (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1448148141685.png
9 KB, 259x194
What do you call the business model where you pay economists and mathematicians to create a mathematical model of stock prices for some small industry that predicts prices better than by chance, and then use it to make money by trading that industry's stock?
>>
>>1274382
Fiction?
Wishing?
Bullshit?
Impossible?
Retarded?

Pick any. They're all correct.
>>
>>1274382
HFT or Algorithm trading. Citadel is one of those firms. They are more or less prop firms that just constructs algorthims and manage them.
>>
>>1274383
Why such a shitty response? Do you feel blame? Are you mad?
>>
>>1274390
But does algo trading also include various external variables in its analysis, such as the frequency of some keywords in the industry news (which influence the prices), the availability of some natural resources if it's a mining industry, the probability of some trade deals being reached, etc.?
>>
>>1274400
you can add whatever the fuck you want if you can quantify it. you can add how often people fuck in a given time and quantify the situations where it peaks, thus predict when the diaper surge will be the greatest by adding the 9 - 12 month period to the peak-fuck-phase, thus knowing when to invest in pampers.
>>
>>1274414
>you can add how often people fuck in a given time
this is the variable i can never settle on
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.