[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crowdfunds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1464508800922.jpg (51 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
1464508800922.jpg
51 KB, 500x371
Did any of you guys have any luck on crowdfund sites?
>>
>>1274329
I used Indeagogo for pre-seeding.
>Speak to local news paper
Then Kickstarter for seeding/protypes
>speak to national news papers
Then I went back to the local Gov branch of Populist-Meme Department, rubbed their faces in it.
>Waited.
Now they're offering two-and-a-half times what our initial begging was worth.
We're going to push for more until they say a hard, affirmative No.
>tf the dumb bitch who intially rejected us ending up being "shifted" in the department
>>
I've got a really, really good business idea.

You remember all those times kickstarker scammers embezzled thousands and thousands of dollars in donations? Or all those borderline scam indiegogo pages just asking for free money? And it doesn't stop. More and more scams every fucking day.

Here's a new idea: why don't we make a crowdfunding site, where instead of the crowd getting physical rewards, they get a return on the money they put in. It's like kickstarter meets prosper. Crowdinvesting. You can split your money up and invest in many many projects, lowering your level of risk. It's like donating, but better because you actually make money. Creators be able to get a loan not based on their credit score but how well they pitch their idea. It will be more regulated than kickstarter and someone has to make sure the creators pay back their investors.

Imagine it, let's say you want to raise some money to buy some real estate. Create a "Crowdinvesting" page and send it to all your friends and extended family. It seems a lot more legit than just calling them up on the phone and asking them to wire you money. It would basically be a loan brokerage. Dying to know what you guys think?
>>
>>1274782
This is obviously already a thing, but it should be more popular.
>>
>>1274782

You just reinvented the whell...
>>
>>1274832
>>1274857
The closest things I can think of is prosper and kiva, what else is there?

It will be like prosper but you have to have an actual project, like how kickstarter says "Projects must create something to share with others.". You can't just get on and ask for money to consolidate your debts.

This would solve the problem of kickscammers. Seriously,
Watch this video and tell me how mad these dirty crooks make you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wy3zA3LxG4
>>
The Kickstarter platform is wrong. It is flat out incorrect and broken. It is a machine designed to screw over the backer. There is literally nothing to stop be from making a fraudulent kickstarter and stealing your money. Kickstarter doesn't care, as long as they make money. I can make huge promises, raise a whole bunch of money, embezzle the money and act like the project just fell through. I wouldn't face any legal action whatsoever.

Kickstarter raised $529 million in 2015. That's just from people donating, imagine if people had a cash incentive to pledge. Kickstarter takes 5%, thats 26 million a year. I could either charge a percentage upfront or a percentage of the interest or both. It would be a great alternative to pitching venture capitalists. Business owners would get a much better deal, they could start a 1 million dollar company without giving up any equity. And it's all because instead of one person taking on huge risk, it's thousands of people all taking on a very small risk.
>>
>>1274869
Do it faggot before some joo steals your idea. You already threw it out into the ether. You dun goofed
>>
>>1274947
That would be great if someone came along and started it. I just want the crowdscamming epidemic to stop.
Besides, ideas are stillborn. They aren't worth anything, it's all about how you execute.

>Do it faggot
I'm thinking about it.
>>
Looks like Crowdfunder is exactly what I wanted. These guys must be doing 200 million in revenue easily.

I might have to really look into this. Either to invest or fund projects of my own.
>>
>>1274782
violation of SEC laws
>>
>>1275140

Unless you can do it much better, then why would you, if it already exists?
>>
>>1275209
>>1274947
I'm not going to do it anymore.

It's off guys. We've been beaten to the punch.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.