[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is price gouging morally wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1440482361426.jpg (174 KB, 1533x961) Image search: [Google]
1440482361426.jpg
174 KB, 1533x961
Is price gouging morally wrong?
>>
Supply and demand, bitch.
>>
who the fuck cares about morals? your customers don't give a shit about morals, if they could capitalize on a mistake you make in giving them a price, they would do it in a heart beat
>>
>>1273286
Morally, yes, but morals don't apply. Legally wrong? Depends on jurisdiction. Do it at the wrong time and you will enjoy an all expenses paid vacation at your local prison.
>>
>>1273342
Maybe there's more to life than grabbing every dollar your grubby hands can get.

Not moralizing, just saying. I don't really subscribe to 'morals'.
>>
There's good business ethics and there is bad business ethics,
>>
File: Alfonso ribiero.jpg (99 KB, 640x1157) Image search: [Google]
Alfonso ribiero.jpg
99 KB, 640x1157
>>1273310

This.

The price of a service or good is ALWAYS what it's worth to the customer.

When I got started with my business my prices were low as fuck. Just so I could get customers thru the door. Now that demand has exploded, so have the prices.

The wealthy are just wealthy because when they created their product/service they demanded the public reward them for what they thought they deserved.

I'm still amazed when I meet poor people who have mastered a particular task and still sell their services for practically nothing, because they don't think it is "fair" to charge more.

I was dealing with this boomer the other day whose house is filed with priceless art and antiques. When he asked for the price on my service I priced it as high as I fucking could. Fuckin boomers need to break something off for the young generation.
>>
If it's against the government its wrong

If it's the customer it's not

Ask Valaent and Shkreli
>>
>>1273514
Look where you are.
>>
>morals on /biz/

Morals are subjective you dumb fag, please take this to the philosophy board if you want deep moral arguments.
>>
>>1273286
Not in general.

But if you're profiteering on something people need to survive when there's a genuine shortage, it is.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.