[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Book thread yay!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
File: tiles7.jpg (527 KB, 1000x1334) Image search: [Google]
tiles7.jpg
527 KB, 1000x1334
Recommend me books

specifically books on starting corporations.
Also books involving business law and dealing with windfalls and securing your assets.

Thanks everybody!
>>
>>1272339
>specifically books on starting corporations

try with a small company first, corporation consolidation is a bit hard to grasp if you don't have any idea about accounting.
>>
>>1272344
any books on corporate accounting and creating small companies then?
thanks!
>>
>>1272339
>reading books mentioned in cfa l1
op you wild and crazy guy
>>
>>1272346
cfa?
>>
File: bizlit2016border.gif (1 MB, 1078x1660) Image search: [Google]
bizlit2016border.gif
1 MB, 1078x1660
>>
>>1272353
damn, that's going to cost me a lot to get all those books.

I'm not technologically literate enough to torrent them and I don't want to break the law.
>>
>>1272339
"Traction" and "the one thing"
>>
>>1272365
thanks, author names?
>>
giving this thread a little bump
>>
>>1272353
>/biz/lit/
Das kapital
Every time
>>
>>1272397
author name?
>>
Looking for books on making corporations, corporate accounting and protecting large sums of money.

Are there any books on conducting large business anonymously? I'm a big fan of privacy.
>>
Something to talk about while we wait for books.

These very large companies all dodge taxes internationally. It's quite the task coordinating and hiding all that money.

which means, all these large companies have entire hidden departments dedicated to dodging taxes.

Am I right in assuming that?
Or do they coordinate all that tax dodging money by magic?
>>
Small Time Operator
>>
>>1272437
from here on out please include an author with your title

thank you for the recommendation.
>>
Negotiation evolved by flip hron.

Mastery of negotiation is a skill that will benefit all facets of your life.
Big note that this book focuses on value maximisation and is not a guide on how to manipulate - but it gives a strong toolkit of cognitive biases, emotional functions and insights as to how one could do this.
>>
File: 4pillars.jpg (39 KB, 337x500) Image search: [Google]
4pillars.jpg
39 KB, 337x500
This is a far better start than the intelligent investor.

A Random Walk Down Wall Street and Devil Take the Hindmost are also extremely insightful
>>
>>1272429
Interesting observation. I will give you a bump.
>>
>>1272407
Karl Marx you genius.
>>
>>1272421
McAfee pls leave
>>
>>1272544
Not OP but I'm genuinely going to check this out.
>>
>>1272339
books are usually pretty sparse on arcane functional secrets. They are usually long sales brochures for services.

http://www.reiclub.com/realestateinvestingvideos.php

there are a bunch of long intros here. that go into a lot of grit.

If you have a large windfall, investing in businesses/ commercial real estate is likely your best bet.
>>
>>1272359
libgen m80, google it
>>
>>1272397
>Seeing different aspects of the economy is a meme
>>
File: 1463178213567.jpg (955 KB, 1345x1450) Image search: [Google]
1463178213567.jpg
955 KB, 1345x1450
>>1272359
literally google "[name of book] pdf" or "download"
I'm surprised how many of them actually pop up.

>>1272353
i have pic related version. is it older or newer?
>>
File: must-read list.png (2 MB, 968x1466) Image search: [Google]
must-read list.png
2 MB, 968x1466
>>1272582
OC
>>
Is there a good book that discusses creative and strategic ways of investing?
>>
A good book on the basics of a corporation and advantages is the kyosaki, own your own business one.

On running a business I cannot recommend e-myth mastery highly enough.

I run Pty Ltd company held by a trust with a corporate trustee, also have a bucket company for taxation and asset protection reasons.
>>
>>1273873
thanks it sounds like you have experience.
>>
>>1272346
>>1272353
>>1273212
>>1273246

The cool thing about these, is that if you really do read, remember, and understand all the stuff required for the CFA, and the books in the image lists, you will know as much (if not more in some cases) than an average economics or finance graduate from an average university. Go for it!
>>
Does anyone have a recommendation for a book on improving soft skills, particularly confidence? They all seem based on dubious research or nonsense theories.
>>
Any specific recommendations to a business virgin who has an idea for a buisness, but no idea how to build the foundations for it?
>>
File: 187816-004-9330460F.jpg (87 KB, 298x450) Image search: [Google]
187816-004-9330460F.jpg
87 KB, 298x450
>>1272339
pic related.
it starts off with a lot of nazi mumbo-jumbo , but theres actually alot of good info on business law and securing assets by about half way through
>>
>>1272339
http://www.fxf1.com/english-books/The%20Intelligent%20Investor%20-%20BENJAMIN%20GRAHAM.pdf
>>
looking for books on founding a corporation or an LLC as well as books on owning and running a bank and books on financing and raising capital. To top it all off 'd like to know how to secure my assets and keep my identity a secret.
>>
File: OP on the loose.jpg (68 KB, 732x608) Image search: [Google]
OP on the loose.jpg
68 KB, 732x608
>>1277173

>founding a corporation or an LLC
http://www.lexisnexis.com/store/catalog/booktemplate/productdetail.jsp?pageName=relatedProducts&core=&parent=992&catId=115&prodId=10259

>as well as books on owning and running a bank
http://www.lexisnexis.com/store/catalog/booktemplate/productdetail.jsp?pageName=relatedProducts&core=&parent=992&catId=107&prodId=10107

>and books on financing and raising capital
http://www.lexisnexis.com/store/catalog/booktemplate/productdetail.jsp?pageName=relatedProducts&core=&parent=&catId=107&prodId=10220

I know $15k seems like a hefty price, but Warren Buffet himself said: "The best investment you can make is in yourself."
>>
>>
>>1277292
Trash. May as well recommend "the fastlane millionaire" if we're going with huckster scam books.
>>
>>1277303
that sounds like:
>i want to have books that tell me to be happy with 0.1% win per investment

For decades "traditional" ways of trading are outplayed by some guys who found a new way.
Staying conservative hardly made anyone rich.
It's the innovators who win on the long run.
>>
>>1277173

This is the one I mentioned earlier, though Kiyosaki is a cock, this book is rock solid.
Probably because he didn't write it.

Hiding your identity will depend on where you incorporate your company and their requirements around disclosure.
I think Nevada or Delaware are destinations of choice.

>>1277303
All business books are bullshit, they are ideas that could be summarised in a single page of paper spread over hundreds of them.
This book is not bad, but the take away is that you only need to make the deal, you don't have to be working with your own capital or products. It also teaches you the advantages of being creative in what you ask for.
>>
>>1272339
Book of Pook.

Teaches you to care about yourself and dedicating your life to improving yourself.
>>
>>1272339
Bought it a week ago. Will read after my finals, can't wait tbqf.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.