[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The DAO price launch speculation thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: ethereum_computer_dao.png (111 KB, 1480x996) Image search: [Google]
ethereum_computer_dao.png
111 KB, 1480x996
Is $1 launch price possible ?
>>
>>1272201
Naw.
>>
>>1272201
Doubt it. I'm guessing it won't be much over the last ICO price. Maybe 20 cents. You can still buy for about 16.5 cents now. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the ETH price though as people sell DAO. Will they keep the ETH or immediately trade the ETH for BTC?
>>
>>1272201
Nope
>>
>>1272201
what a shit pic that really depicts nothing
>>
>>1272201
Hasn't this shit launched yet? It's like it's always launching just around the corner.

Do it already, Jesus.
>>
>>1272207
Really, like what? These douchebags are going to control my thermostat and my lights, and lock my doors? Fuck that, lol..
>>
>>1272207
>>1272212
kek. The first cryptocurrency mined by syncing your garage door opener with your wifi router.
>>
>implying it won't hit $0.75 the moment it's launched, then almost immediately crash down to $0.25-0.30 and stay there for the next month until some DAO project is announced
>>
>>1272201
considering you can currently buy 100 DAO for 1.5 ETH, why would it trade for considerably more when it hits the exchanges tomorrow? what person is thinking they want DAO but instead of paying 15 cents now, they're going to wait until tomorrow and pay more?
>>
>>1272554
Lisk went up to a dollar when it launched.
>>
>>1272568
It did, briefly. But there were a lot of technical problems when LISK launched. Volume was low when trading started because a lot of people could not access their wallets or transfer their coins to an exchange. So that created some scarcity in the initial hour or so of trading. Once people were able to get their coins to the market, volume went up and the price plummeted. That said, the price is still above the ICO price.

I didn't follow LISK too closely until the launch, but I know there was some period of time between the end of the ICO and the launch. Hype built up during that period, and it traded for a premium when it hit the market. But with DAO, from what I understand, it will hit the exchanges within hours of the end of the creation period. I'm not sure why it would trade for a large premium just a few hours after you could buy into the ICO.
>>
>>1272201
I predict a storm of unmet expectations.
The DAO is different than a normal coin. All coins rise after ico the only of one simple reason: it might be the one coin to bring the promising blockchain technology to the masses and so make early adopters rich.
The DAO will not. It is not intended to do this and it is fully dependend of the succes of Ethereum.
The DAO is a new kind of venture fund and this is good. It is one of the many applications of blockchain technology for the real world. Its success will have a huge impact on crypto, but its success will stem from real world projects and the real world is fucking slow.
My conclusion is, that the DAO is a big next step for crypto, but as an investor, there is no possible upside for the short run. This been said, the unmet expectations will crush the DAO price and with it the ETH price short term 200-700 million usd will look for a new home in short run. Altcoins will explode in the next three weeks.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.