[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Some advice for those of you in college
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Brass_Balls.jpg (53 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Brass_Balls.jpg
53 KB, 1200x675
Friendly reminder that getting a degree in a major similar to your desired career is literally the bare minimum.

When you're looking for a job in the field you want or any field for that matter, everyone else is going to have at least a BS in majors applicable to that job. You have a degree in marketing/finance/accounting? Congrats, so does everyone else who applied.

Do something at school that's actually meaningful. Do something else besides studying and getting drunk. Join a society or a fraternity, make connections, organize community service projects, something productive that will set you aside from the other people in your job market.

Build experience early. Intern as early as you possibly can. I was fortunate enough to land an internship at a fortune 500 company and become an insurance producer in the summer of my freshman year. Why? because I knew the right people.

TL;DR version:
Make connections
Be involved
Gain experience
Work your ass off
Be different.

Then, you will succeed. So do not bitch when you find yourself working at your local McDonalds after you spent four years drinking and pulling Cs in college.
>>
>>1272114
Thanks a bunch. I'll be sure to not be spaghetti at university.
>>
>>1272114
>Build experience early. Intern as early as you possibly can. I was fortunate enough to land an internship at a fortune 500 company and become an insurance producer in the summer of my freshman year. Why?
because you interned in an industry where technical knowledge is not required.

Trying getting an internship in STEM with only a freshman level of knowledge.
>>
>>1272114
GET PAID PUPPER
>>
So your telling me I need to put effort into my life to be successful? Well color me surprised anon
>>
>>1272185
STEM is a tough field. If that's the track you're on I commend you, that's something I could never do. In your case it's different, but I'm mainly targeting the schmucks on here that make pointless threads asking if a degree in management will get them anywhere. If you know your shit and you know the right people, you will do very well for yourself.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.