[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is majoring in Business Admin a bad Idea? I started off as an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: pb.jpg (97 KB, 516x644) Image search: [Google]
pb.jpg
97 KB, 516x644
Is majoring in Business Admin a bad Idea? I started off as an accounting major, but over the past few semesters I've realize that I really don't enjoy it. I really can't see myself doing this in the future. I did think about marketing at one point, but I thought that would be a bad idea and I was right because the class I took was awful.

If I do go with the business admin route then what kind of jobs will I end up getting?
>>
Go look in the mirror, and you'll find a future manager of a McDonald's branch. BusAdmin is literally majoring in nothing. Anyone can be an administrator with or without being taught how. Marketing is much better for business if you're really not into quant.
>>
>>1271846
business management/administration is on the same tier as a major in psychology.
>>
Business admin is a meme degree.

Companies don't hire people that just majored in business admin anymore, they hire people internally or are already and just have those people that already have experience get an MBA.

The reason for this is that about a decade ago, it was way too common for a software company to have a fucking business admin boomer boss that couldn't even turn the fucking computer on.

That and HR are what have turned the corporate world into the nightmare that it is today.

This degree has a very high unemployment rate for millennials
>>
>>1272436
So should I just stick with accounting. I really don't like it anymore, but I know it's a very stable job.

Marketing was pretty interesting at first, but towards the end of it my professor made everyone hate the class.
>>
>>1272549
its not about the professor fuck the teachers dude. its about you and what you can get from them, ie the information and a degree.
>>
>>1272549
I would stick with accounting over business admin. I work in corporate finance at an insurance company and everyone comes from accounting or finance backgrounds, nobody majored in bus admin and I can't even think of any MBAs. I'm not sure what you could do with that major. If you stick with business admin make sure to get a minor in accounting too since you've presumably taken a lot of credits already. An administrator should probably understand accounting, right? But realistically just drop the meme degree.

Keep in mind that accounting in practice is less dull than studying it for school.
>>
Go for technology biz degree like systems breh its what i switched from from accting snd im like 10x happier
>>
>>1272549

Why don't you take another marketing class?

Marketing & advertising is decent.

Not as lucrative or stable compare to accounting but again accountanting is kinda..soul crushing.
>>
>>1272667

I mean a different one*

Don't let one professor dissuade you.
>>
>>1272670
I took a marketing class when I was in community college. I had to take it again because they told me that the class didn't transfer.

When I took it in CC it was alright. I did enjoy it a little, but it was a little boring.

When I took it at a 4 year school it was fucking awful. I even though about dropping the class, but I didn't.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.