[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PAYPAL ACCEPTING BITCOIN SOON
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: bitcoin-laws-of-the-universe.jpg (426 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
bitcoin-laws-of-the-universe.jpg
426 KB, 1920x1200
Paypal was choking on the redpill and has already accepted his Bitcoin overlord's fate, just like Steam:

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-adv.html&r=2&p=1&f=G&l=50&d=PG01&S1=%28%28bitcoin.BIS.+OR+blockchain.BIS.%29+OR+cryptocurrency.BIS.%29&OS=spec/bitcoin+OR+spec/blockchain+OR+spec/cryptocurrency&RS=%28%28SPEC/bitcoin+OR+SPEC/blockchain%29+OR+SPEC/cryptocurrency%292

United States Patent Application 20160148196
Kind Code A1
Dides; Emil ; et al. May 26, 2016
MODULAR DEVICE PAYMENT SYSTEM

Inventors: Dides; Emil; (San Jose, CA) ; Kamalie; Shereen; (San Jose, CA)
Applicant:
Name City State Country Type

PAYPAL, INC.
San Jose
CA
US
Family ID: 1000001611577

>Abstract

>A modular device payment module includes a chassis. A modular device connector is located on the chassis. A payment module database in the chassis stores funding source information and security information. A payment module engine in the chassis determines that the modular device connector has been connected to a modular device frame of a modular device, and retrieves modular device identifying information from the modular device. The payment module then determines that the modular device identifying information matches an authorized modular device identified by the security information in the payment module database and, in response, enables the transmission of at least some of the funding source information from the payment module database to conduct a payment transaction.

>As such, virtual card 706 includes a first virtual currency wallet 706a, virtual card 708 includes a second virtual currency wallet 708a, and virtual card 710 includes an Nth virtual currency wallet 710a. In some embodiments, each of the virtual currency wallets 706a, 708a, and 710a may be associated with different types of virtual currency (e.g., virtual currency wallet 706a may provide access to Bitcoin

Last chance to get in at 3 figures.
>>
If this happens bitcoin is getting an express ticket to the moon,all aboard lads.
>>
Whats a trusted site to buy buttcoins from?
>>
>>1271257
>bitcoin scarcely mentioned in the sideline in 3 paragraphs in a thousand line patent about something else entirely
>hurr durr bitcoin to the moon
it's like you don't understand how patents and vendor locking works
>>
File: SuicideWatchActivated.png (111 KB, 1671x841) Image search: [Google]
SuicideWatchActivated.png
111 KB, 1671x841
>>1271278
>about something else entirely
Is this how you cope?
>>
>>1271282
no i'm just being realistic.
never fall for hypes that's the important thing.
and you are reading too much into that patent.
i saw patents about nuclear passenger planes and whatnot doesn't mean we will see one in our lifetime.
>>
>>1271286
>LOL he believes steam will accept bitcoin because of some lame screenshot
This is literally /biz/ weeks ago.

You guys will never learn. Bitcoin is taking over everywhere, Paypal is the next natural step. Smell the coffee doofus.
>>
>>1271424
>Bitcoin is taking over everywhere
it's less than marginal everywhere except for online drug trade.
google is taking over everywhere but even that can run out of steam in the next 5 years.
>>
>>1271278
>it's like you don't understand how patents and vendor locking works

Wut?

Honestly, do you exptect the bitcoin "investing" crowd of GED flunkies to even under stand patent protection clauses?
>>
>>1271257
>virtual currency wallet 710a may provide access to Dogecoin
Fucking sweet! Paypal is going to accept dogecoin??? Dogecoin to the fucking moon!

In all seriousness, paypal accepts many obscure currencies including Malaysian Ringgits. The more currencies they support, the more their userbase grows. The Bitcoin protocol is supposed to act as a payment processor so I am not too sure why you are so jazzed to use a middleman like Paypal since you can send bitcoin across the world without it. Is it the fact that Paypal is making virtual currency wallets? I thought bitcoin already had wallets??? You guys get wrapped up in hype too easily. You need to learn to cultivate common sense.
>>
>>1271266
>If this happens bitcoin is getting an express ticket to the moon,all aboard lads.
and why?

because people will rather buy bitcoin, an unstable volatile currency that loses and gains value randomly, than pay with the conventional means.

>hey bubba I just bout' bitcoin for 100$ 2 days ago
>fuck ronnie it is just 20$ worth now
>fuck
>>
>>1271736
>virtual currency wallet 710a may provide access to Dogecoin
Lmfao. No wonder OP cut off the end part of that sentence. That's fucking hilarious.
>>
>>1271718
what i meant is paypal just trying to patent some weird backwards fetish way to pay with bitcoin so that they can prevent others from doing so.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.