[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, I've decided to major in Finance. What now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: _1425592323.jpg (32 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
_1425592323.jpg
32 KB, 600x350
Well, I've decided to major in Finance.

What now?
>>
>>1270598
Pass.
>>
Spend two years telling everyone you know that you're the wolf on wall street.

Then get in line for unemployment
>>
>>1270598
Get exceptional grades. Buy knee pads if you want to do IB.
>>
>>1270598
Convert to judaism
>>
>>1270607

Not gonna lie, I have one Jewy fucking nose. Like, I'm talking shlomo status.
>>
Simply wait. Your college degree alone will guarantee fat stacks. Finance-- very impressive.
>>
>>1270598
In my 3rd year of Finance here. Do something that will make you stand out; it can be exceptional grades, meeting great contacts, doubling with something like mathematics, cs, etc. Or utilising extra-curricular activities (I joined a think tank and got an international scholarship off them). A good starting position when you graduate is invaluable. Good choice on the degree dude, good luck
>>
>>1270606
How does one actually get into banking (willing to suck dick)
>>
>>1272218
Top tier school and/or exceptional grades with extensive extra curricular. You basically need something to make the HR fags say "wow" e.g.

Wow, he was 1st in his class for finance, or wow, he was the 2015 U25's chess champion or wow, he went to harvard and was the president of the investors society or something like that.

You don't get in to banking without extra curricular, they need to see that you are motivated to reach your goals because you will be working all nighters when you start (source; family in IB)
>>
Prepare to have to take prescription drugs everyday to get through the underwhelming, romanticized industry that is Finance
>>
>>1272539

Is there anything more heart breaking than seeing a freshman finance major and then seeing them at graduation?

Guess all those 14 hour days at slightly above minimum wage has a way of breaking you.
>>
>>1272551

>First year IB analyst at bulge bracket makes ~$120,000/year
>Works about 100 hours per week
>Roughly $23/hour

If you like the pressure and don't mind having to pay for women, it's a good gig faggot.
>>
File: marty2.jpg (30 KB, 314x270) Image search: [Google]
marty2.jpg
30 KB, 314x270
>>1270598
Use money to make more money.
>>
>>1273255
Is this true?

Holy shit, my hourly rate straight out of college was around $70.

Get cucked, finance fags.
>>
>>1273278

IB doesn't pay hourly, it pays a salary + bonus. The $23 I mentioned is assuming you worked 100 hours/week (which you usually would at a top 5 Investment Bank).

That said, what did you do out of college?
>>
>>1273263
>Use money to make more money.

Use "other people's" money to make money.
>>
>>1273743
Use other people's money to make money, to buy assets, to make money, to spend on keeping away competition.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.