[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm figuring out ways to save money for the future, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1463435749750.jpg (29 KB, 410x246) Image search: [Google]
1463435749750.jpg
29 KB, 410x246
So I'm figuring out ways to save money for the future, and a trip I'm taking soon.

I found a high interest bank account with a low inflation currency and high return, so I want to save every penny into it.

Here's what I've done so far
1. Bought flavor syrups and good espresso, and an ice maker to make my own starbucks type lattes at homee
2. Figured out how to make most of my favorite dishes like Lamb Shawarma and Korean Kalbi at home.

This will save me about $11,000 a year. That's no joke.

Anyone have any other frugal-but-fun ideas on how to save money?

I can't figure out how to get out of the house and have fun on a budget yet.
>>
I wash my toilet paper and paper towels via a neat home recycling setup for reuse. I only buy 2 or 3 packs of 36 rolls a year and I have saved hundreds
>>
>>1270245
rofl stfu
>>
>>1270232
No cable TV. It's a money pit, amd spring price gouging is terrible. Instead, get a vpn and torrent or use usenet.

Use boost mobile or another similar month to month carrier for your cell phone.

Buy and ride a bike. It's much cheaper to maintain than a car, and is good exercise at the same time.

Body weight fitness can be fun, and easier/cheaper than a gym.
>>
>>1270260
That too, I use an android emulator and showbox instead of cable tv.

I've been thinking about just using the unlimited data on my phone instead of cable internet too.
>>
I have kids and since my wife died, I've been saving money by taking produce out of the dumpster that some local co-ops leave for homeless people. Also, most of my dinnerware are paper amenities from company events and I get as many cups from Starbucks as possible. IE I ask for a second cup and sleeve on my coffees because my daughters hands are too sensitive or whatever.
>>
Goddamnit, this thread was supposed to be about how to live well on a budget, not just self-imposed poverty
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.