[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who here rent to rent? i bought a 4 day stay one time at a condo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: download.png (3 KB, 337x150) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3 KB, 337x150
who here rent to rent?

i bought a 4 day stay one time at a condo in downtown toronto, costed me nearly $600 (1/3 of the monthly lease for the host). the host told me that he gets booked atleast 1/2 of the time. then i thought wow this could make bank if you do it with many different places

thought about wanting to get into it but then i read about the laws in ontario and wasn't sure anymore. i realized what that guy was doing was actually illegal

1. its not legal to earn more than the owner from a sublease
2. you need the owner's consent to sublease

although i imagine it would be hard for anyone to keep track of your income from short 1-7 day rents. also im guessing some owners wouldnt care if you had guests here to help you with the rent.

what do you guys think?
>>
if airbnb hosts followed laws airbnb wouldn't have grown as much as it has. you can probably get around housing laws and evade taxes. should you? no.
>>
how much could the owner sue hosts for?
>>
If you can make a deal with the owner then go for it.
I lived in Taipei for extended periods and 3/4 of the Airbnb flats are owned/managed by one or several companies. Seems to work handsomely. Every time I go back there seem to be more apartments being managed by them.
>>
>>1268971

Do people who ask these stupid questions not realize they're impossible to answer? Lol.

Also Airbnb host here, rent out my place illegally, so I live rent free. ~$1500 month income per month, rent is $1200.
>>
>>1268949
airbnb is based on circumventing laws

If you aren't comfortable breaking laws, then don't use the service. It's the same as with any ride sharing or meal sharing. None of them follow proper laws and regulations.
>>
>>1268959
This is the correct answer.

Note that this is also how Uber works as well. They both market on the idea that they're revolutionizing the market place through their apps, but really they're just using their app as an excuse to skirt onerous laws and regulations in their industry.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.