[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /biz/ I'm out of college now, but I would like to create
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Caan.png (36 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Caan.png
36 KB, 250x250
So /biz/ I'm out of college now, but I would like to create my own company instead of working for someone else. What are some non-meme ideas for a real company you can start with around 0-5,000$ capital?
>>
>>1267566
You could become a lonni3 dealer

You could get a power washer and do people driveways in sub divisions

Snow cones / hot dog stand

Avoid vending (not enough ROI)

You could also invest that with a house flipper - 5k isnt much but if they need it they need it and most hard money lenders charge an arm and a leg so if you did say 20% return after 6 months youre doing them a favor
>>
>>1267566
It's usually a lot easier to work for a boss than it is to work for the public.

Of course, if Walmart is the only store that will hire you, you'll have to work for both.

My advice is to search for the reason you want to start your own company. If you want to start one because you have a vision of how you want to run a company and the drive for it to succeed, go for it. If you want to start a company because you don't like people telling you what to do, then you're going to fail as a business owner.
>>
>>1267632
what if I want to start a company because I want to be my own boss, and want to get fucking filthy rich?
>>
>>1267821
what experience do you have? 5k capital is not really anything. You'll be doing menial tasks, and unless you have that one idea that changing the industry then you will just live that middle class comfy life.
>>
>>1267566
If I'd know, I would have started it myself.
>>
>>1267821
Like all the 7 billion people on this planet?
>>
OP is delusional, if you need to ask biz cause you cant figure it out yourself then you aint gonna make it.
>>
>>1267825
I have a course in electrical engineering and business administration. I have also done numerous internships at other small companies to study their leaders, and they have told me I excel at most tasks that don't require in-depth specific knowledge (organization, talking, negotiation, general smarts, ms office). I know I can do this, but I just don't have any big dream to show the world. I know I want to start a company, but I don't know about what...
>>
>>1267831
I figured the most unusual places must have the most unusual ideas. I'm through with the meme ideas everyone throws around IRL
>>
>>1267836
if you lurked a little longer than you would see one of these threads like every other day. I recommend find some buddies/business partners and open up some sorta service. Find one that has good ROI, low start up, and that fits your requirements then just copy/benchmark their business model. It will take some research and hard work, but thats how you get rich
>>
>>1267832
those skills as generic as fuck

I'd say other than a standard website building startup there's not much
>>
>dear /biz/
>I want to start a business
>I have no relevant skills, capitals, or business plans
>However, unlike everyone else who wants to do the exact same thing, I'll succeed because I'm special
Every fucking time.
>>
>>1267924
Kek, fucking this.
>>
>>1267566
Lawn care
>Truck
>Lawn mower
>Edge trimmer
>Cheap flyers
>Cheap mexicans
>>
>>1267566

Literally any kind of home contracting.

Except for plumbing and electrical, you can learn any of the other shit in a few weeks.

A cabinet or tile guy can make $100k a year with good business decisions.
>>
>>1267566
I'm a year out of college and have my own company but its in a field I have experience in. My advice is pick a trade, get an entry level job work as an apprentice or whatever, bust your ass for 5 years, save your money, master your trade and then branch off buy the tools you need, keep the supplier contacts from your previous boss and start your own company. People start threads like this everyday but you can't just decide out of college youre going to start managing people when you have no experience, no capital, and no skills in any specific field
>>
>>1268072
>>1268072
to expand on my own experience.. I worked from the time I was 16 to 22 for a hardscaping company building patios. Boss was cool enough to let me work around my class schedule, i worked for peanuts (started at $7/hr, when I was done with him I was at $12.55). Now I work for myself, have 2 guys that work for me, I don't bid on jobs based on an hourly rate, I give an estimate, but I value my time on that estimate at $30/hr . For what I'm doing now, college was a waste of money but I'm putting out applications and seeing if iI can do better elsewhere. I might need to go back to school to do that though and I'm not sure if I want to do that
>>
>>1267981
This OP, but skip the mexicans if you can. My dad started a small lawncare business during the recession to help out our family (I worked with him a bit) and while we didn't do more than part of a retirement community and several random homes we got so many people to quit the local mexican lawncare because they were all lazy spics and my dad knew what he was doing. Ended up doing well enough that it supplemented the loss from my mom losing her job in IT.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.