[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's real, an A.I. that tracks all markets globally in all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: SocratesMarketForecastAI.png (350 KB, 1899x953) Image search: [Google]
SocratesMarketForecastAI.png
350 KB, 1899x953
This is Martin Armstrong's life's work apparently, these are the models that he used to out-trade Goldman Sachs at his hedge fund in the 90s (before the Feds threw him in prison).

Pretty interesting DESU senpai, it took me awhile to understand what I was looking at though.
>>
File: WeeklyArray_S&P500.png (259 KB, 1893x939) Image search: [Google]
WeeklyArray_S&P500.png
259 KB, 1893x939
Forecast array, how to read them:
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/the-princeton-models-and-methodologies-a-users-guide/how-to-use-the-forecasting-arrays/

How to read reversal system:
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/the-princeton-models-and-methodologies-a-users-guide/how-to-use-3/

www.ask-socrates.com
www.armstrongeconomics.com
>>
A 90's model is useless and especially because goldman has known about it for decades.
>>
Looks pretty interesting, desu. Bookmarked it, so I can check it out when I get home.
>>
>>1267115

It doesn't work like that, his economic models are derived out of a study of natural law. He's figured out why business/market cycles exist, human activity manifests as a waveform because we are as much a part of this universe as everything else. He's figured out how to measure the business cycle.

The laws of physics don't change over the time (assuming we truly understand them) do they?
>>
>>1267131
It doesn't work like that. Business actions by humans are based on emotions. That inherently means they are not perfectly predictable.
>>
>>1267136

Actually the fact that humans are prone to emotion-based decision making is key to understanding why his models make sense.
>>
>>1267131

Everything you're saying spits in the face of EMH. Maybe this model worked when he was the only one who knew about it, but now that it's out in the open, it's useless.
>>
>>1267141

Even if almost every single trader on the planet started using his models (which would never happen), it would only smooth out the cycle not completely eliminate it. There would always be a difference in the level of understanding different traders have of his models, and their ability to read them.
>>
>>1267141
>spits in the face of EMH
you mean like all other real world occurrences and events? Take your memetheory back to econ class
>>
File: truth.png (32 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
truth.png
32 KB, 1000x750
>>1267155

Yeah. The reason economists don't want to believe markets are predictable, is it would mean it's not random, and thus there would be no need to pay for ivory tower public sector economists with tax money.

Politicians don't like the idea that they can't control things, and that bias creates a feedback loop in the academic community and the field of economics itself.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.